Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Day 2218: "out of the blue"





Texas Diva: collage on canvas










Want music?

 




Click here for Aretha Franklin, Spirit in the Dark.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









Texas Diva is not a step-by-step, but instead, a section by section.
As you can see above, she was long and lean, a 8 x 40"canvas. 
So I did close-ups.

 






















































skirt
































Primarily tissue paper on canvas, with marker for outlining.
I hear she's kicking it in New York.







Friend and outstanding artist Irene Rafael posted this ...


by Irene Rafael


on Instagram,

Actually I had forgotten all about Gretchen & her Grandma, 
but there it popped up, seeing Irene's art!
Does that happen to you, "out of the blue"




My question to you kind reader, 
what childhood rule do you remember?
From someone else's parent or your own? 
I would love to hear and I'm hoping you might share?










A smile for Wednesday ...









No comments: