Thursday, August 9, 2018

Day 2205: I was distracted by cacti!






cacti: junk mail, papers on 8 x 8" canvas












Want music?

 




Click here for  Minnie Riperton, Back Down Memory Lane.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?










Eastside is an art group of 8 artists, who meet once a month & play.
This month out artist instructor was Josie Hamilton.




Josie took us out of our regular comfort zones & suggested cacti!
We could work on any substrate, and were encouraged to sketch.




We are a fun group who enjoy each other and all kinds of art.
We met in Erin Houghton's beautiful, cool studio.






We were seven this meeting, missing LibbyWilliamson.


work by: top left, Norma Prickett, lower left Sherrill Lander, & right by Linda Bucci

I apologize, I didn't get shots of everyone's work, 
I guess I was distracted by cacti!


4.5" x 15" wood substrate


Using today's challenge as samples for my upcoming class, here



8 x 8" canvas



So that's Eastside for another month. A great group.






For FB Throwback Thursday ...







Demura Sensei's Costa Mesa Dojo, 1987













A smile for Thursday ...










No comments: