Saturday, August 4, 2018

Day 2200: Whatchadoin?







whatchadoin?: old photo & digital











Want music?

 




Click here for Etta James, At last.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








"whatchadoin"?



blog: 2200 days, consecutive days, 6 years + 10 days, 
1 day at a time.






When I look at the numbers I am amazed, 
 mainly because I just show up each day with random stuff, 
and you are kind enough to stop by when you can, 
and some of you even encourage me with comments, 
and it's usually when I am greatly in need.
And so, I really thank you.








A 7 or 8 step, step-by-step ...



step 1

I started with foil cardboard ...
( I know it doesn't look metallic, but trust me? it is) 
rescued from an opened Costco package, 
the kind you have to cut to get into?



step 2

Adding graphic text from a Verizon  junk mail ad.


step 3


And a second torn strip of the same add. I prefer the torn edge.



step 4


And, a torn piece from the reverse side of the same ad junk mail.



step 5


Mark-making tissue, the process shown here in an earlier blog.



step 6



A torn piece from another ad. junk mail to add contrast.



step 7


Final piece is a circular-ish shape from 
a different piece of junk mail.
I really love junk mail & using throw away stuff.
Step 8 below, is digitized, a subtle change.



step 8












A smile for Saturday ...










No comments: