Thursday, August 16, 2018

Day 2212: A request fulfilled.





Maddie: collage birthday card for a special, soon to be 13 year old!















Want music?

 




Click here for Charlie Puth, Done for me.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?










Dear friend & popular Costa Mesa artist, Erin Houghton wrote:
"You should re-post the geranium blog post some day – 
it is still my favorite."

And so, I will.

I originally told this little story on Day #258, April 2013.




Several decades ago, Demura Sensei pointed to a geranium 
on his desk ... and said to me, "you like that flower".




 I said, "But Sensei, that's a geranium",
with the same intonation as if it were a weed.
"Yes, you like geranium!".




"Oh Sensei, can't I be a rose, or an orchid ...
or a tulip?" I pleaded.





"No,  you like geranium!".  I was crushed. 
I wanted to be something elegant or beautiful.





Later Sensei said, "No, that good. 
They don't need attention & they bloom easy."
And so, I guess I am a geranium.













For FB Throwback Thursday ...



First day of school:  Siblings - Mom, Aunt Vonda & Uncle Pete












A smile for Thursday ...









No comments: