Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Day 2210: just Claude.






Just Claude: china marker drawing on 6x6" Bristol.













Want music?

 




Click here for Childish Gambino, Feels likes summer.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









Been under the weather, as they say, for 2 days ...
sleeping a lot, but finally surfaced this afternoon.
I decided to try to draw Claude Manet. Just his face.


Claude Manet


I have learned to give my self permission 
not to be perfect or precise, but to do what I can.


step 1



I worked with a black China marker ...
because I like the boldness & variations.
Once down, there are no ways to correct or lift.

step 2

I will call him just Claude, so as not to offend.


step 3

Trying out the red china marker background.
Luckily for me, I like the uneven lines, 
since I don't seem able to do a refined look.


step 4


And so we have my version of just Claude,














On the back of "just Claude" is just a collage.


just collage: junk mail & papers, china marker & ink.













A smile for Tuesday ...








No comments: