Monday, June 25, 2018

Day 2160: Rx for a yucky day.






5 minute Mark-making: ink marker, tissue & text page









Want music?

 




Click here for Sheku Kanneh-Mason, Song of the birds.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?










Ever in a yucky mood? Have work to do but don't want to do it?
I am going to share a technique I often teach in my collage,
mixed media & painting classes.


  

 It's mark making, a fun, quick, mindless activity to create 
 papers to be torn up and used in future collage.
Use any shape or kind of mark, drawing or even writing. 




 There's no need to be precise or make sense, 
as it will eventually be torn up to be used in a painting, 
collage or any kind of mixed media.




I mark on tissue paper & have the text sheet directly 
beneath to catch the ink that seeps through the tissue, 
so you get 2 for 1.  It's hard to say which I like best. 
The tissue is a dark clear print and the white of the tissue 
somewhat disappears when you adhere to the collage.




The text sheet has random ink thickness, which I like a lot,
and of course the added text background.




All you need is tissue paper & a text sheet 
from a dictionary, book or whatever, (I am using an old 
Physicians' Desk Reference) and a fresh ink marker. 
I use a double ended oil based marker from Daiso
(Japanese $1.50 store) 3 in a pack for $1.50. (Not odor free)





I guess this form of mark-making might be compared 
to a very, very sloppy version of Zentangle
only you don't have to be precise. 
Probably not for everyone, 
but it does work for a lot of us. 
Rx for a yucky day.










I am finishing up the 50+ postcards.
I like to include artwork on the address side as well.





Many of the current batch of postcards ...


 
utilize the mark making ...
 


some as a part ...






         some combined with junk mail, marker or whatever.
Fun & quick =  a win-win in my book.
I bet you are thinking of variations?








Puppy Update:




After church on Sunday with SM, WW & GH #3 ...


 
I grand-dog sat, watched & played ... 

so SM & WW could go bike riding @ Newport Beach,


and GH#3 could go to the Angel's game.


Zo is now 11 weeks and 14 pounds.



Laker, age 7,  watches patiently. 








A smile for Monday ...









No comments: