Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Day 4294: Scribble Art and a Burger.

          

"Loss": junk mail collage.

 

 



  

Want music?

 

    

Click : Fugees, Killing Me Softly.

 


  

 

 
2GN2S


Curly Owl & Rhino by Erwin Ing

"As part of my art practice, I enjoy drawing repetitive lines and shapes using a rollerball pen, especially to decorate birds, fish, and other animals that have scales, feathers, spots, and similar patterns on their bodies.

For this piece I used coils of different widths to represent the feather placement on the owl. I added colour in Photoshop, deliberately placing it out of register to add more for the eyes to see. I chose blue to give it a bright, happy, and unexpected colour.

This owl is part of a series of curly animals that include an armadillo, a fish, a sea turtle, and a rhinoceros. I plan on adding more creatures over time." Instagram / Website




And, I couldn't find all that I know I have saved, but in the same vein, 
I really  Sally Muir's scribble dog.



Sunday evening, GH#2, Jake came by to visit. We split a pizza cooked from the freezer. It was really good and we didn't have to go out as we wanted to watch the basketball game, Dallas Mavericks and Timberwolves. A good close game.

Monday, Memorial Day, good friend Carole and I met at ...



where we both had  their Super Burger! Carole had fries, I had onion rings. We both ate half and brought home half.



When we were done, we moved to their outside patio to talk more. We hadn't been able to get together for quite a while so we had lots to catch up on. To be honest, most of our lunches last three hours or more. When we finally hugged and left, I went to Trader Joe's for groceries before going home. There was a nap soon after.




 
 
 
 

  
 
A 4+ minute video,  Honey fly,  here
 
 
 
  
 
Just because ...
  
Eurasian Wren

 
  


 

Wednesday's Smiles ... 

 





 



   

 


 



 

 



    
 
 


 





4 comments:

elenor said...

Meeting a grandson or a dear friend means always having a happy time. That's good for you and also good for them.
I also loved "Loss" and the scribble art and I already followed the artist. Thanks Jacki for introducing another interesting artist.

jacki long said...

Thanks you Elenor for your consistent support, it helps me a lot!

john said...

Great positive and negative space. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, John, it is so special to have your feedback. Thanks again.