Sunday, May 12, 2024

Day 4277: Hippocampus bargibanti, and socks.

   

"Absence of hope": junk collage, inks, digital.

 



  

Want music?

 

    

Click : Maroon 5, Sunday Morning.

 


  

 

 
2GN2S





The Hippocampus bargibanti, or Bargibant's pygmy seahorse, is breathtakingly tiny - a fully grown adult no larger than a human fingernail. They are found in the coastal waters of Indo-West Pacific Ocean. Beyond their diminutive size, pygmy seahorses have the ability to camouflage themselves among the branches of vibrant gorgonian corals. If the coral has more red tones, the tiny seahorses will take on a reddish look too. Unlike other seahorses, male pygmy seahorses use a

pouch in their trunk - not their tail - to brood their young. Coral reef degradation, habitat loss, ocean acidification and rising ocean temperatures are some of the threats pygmy seahorses face. As a coastal species, Bargibant's pygmy seahorses suffer from habitat destruction through indiscriminate fishing practices like blast fishing and gillnetting, as well as pollution and coastal development. The species is also impacted by the effects of climate change, including increased ocean acidification and temperatures, that harm pygmy seahorse coral reef habitats. @withgraham

3 minute video, here.








Nothing earthshaking. (Although we did have a magnitude 4.1 earthquake was felt by this writer at 1:49 p.m. last Wednesday I was with my significant other, my Mac Pro and the the loud rumble sounder like it was under my chair. It was two miles from Corona, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. The earthquake occurred three miles from Anaheim, three miles from Chino Hills, four miles from Yorba Linda and five miles from Orange. so it was close, but short-lived. In the last 10 days, there have been no earthquakes of magnitude 3.0 or greater centered nearby.) 


Thursday, Valerie and I went to the Brea Gallery, mentioned in Thursday's blog #4275, here. The gallery has underground parking and when I returned to my car after waving to Val, I noticed something behind my car? I stepped over it, and started to get in, but I stopped and thought maybe there is a story in it? Probably not, but being desperate, I got my camera and documented the stage occurrence? Was it a gift from someone who didn't care for my grey socks? Or, did someone have hot feet (I hate that) and couldn't wait any longer to be free? Strange, don't you think? Also proof that you never know what you will find on this silly blog!



 
 
 
 

  
 
A 4+  minute video, Caterpillars,  here
 
 
 
  
 
Just because ...

  
Nightingale

 
  


 

Sunday's Smiles ...  






    





  
   
     

 
 
 



   



 
 
 


 




2 comments:

elenor said...

Love your Update - story, Jacki! It's fun, simply fun!
Tomorrow you won't hear from me because I'm going to Milano, Italy, together with my Husband and son who is working there. It's quite exciting and I'm really looking forward to our days there.
Wishing you an interesting week too, Jacki

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor, I so appreciate you. Have a wonderful vacation!