Sunday, May 26, 2024

Day 4291: Older Dog, and Praying Mantis?

        

"Fate": junk mail collage, digital.

 

 


  

Want music?

 

    

Click : Jack Johnson, I Got You.

 


  

 

 
2GN2S






One by One, they pass by my name, "Too old, too worn, too broken - no way.
Way past his time, he can't run and play, He'll die too soon," they all seem to say.
A little old man, arthritic and sore, It seems that I am wanted no more. I once had a home, I once had a bed, A place that was warm, and whereI was fed.
My family decided I didn't belong I got in their way or my attitude was wrong.
For whatever reason they felt in their head, If it wasn't for rescue, l'd certainly be dead.
Now my muzzle is gray, and my eyes slowly fail Who wants a dog so old and so frail?
Why can't they see that I too deserve love? Our Creator is the same from heaven above. Now I sit in this place, where day after day, The younger dogs get adopted away Give me a home, to God I pray. But they shake their heads and go on their way.
When I had almost come to the end of my rope, You saw my face, and l finally had hope. You saw thru the gray, and the legs bent with age, And felt i still had life beyond this cage. You took me home, gave me food and a bed, And shared your own pillow with my poor tired head. We snuggle and play, and you talk to me low, You love me so dearly, you want me to know. may have lived most of my life with another, But you outshine them with a love so much stronger. And I promise to retun all the love I can give, To you, my dear person, as long as I live. I may be with you for a week or many years, We will hare many smiles, you will no doubt shed tears. And when the time comes that God deems I must leave, I know you will cry and your heart, it will rieve
And when I arrive at the Bridge, all brand new, My thoughts and my heart will still be with you. I willbrag to all round me who will hear, Of the wonderful person who made my last days dear.





When I hunt for things to share here, I sometimes get hooked on something that I would have never thought interesting to me?


Praying Mantis A carnivorous insect with a triangular head and a prayer-like stance. Find out how they hunt, mate, defend themselves and reproduce in different habitats. Praying mantis are one of the best insects to have around to keep pest insects away from your property, fruit trees, plants and flowers. Farmers, orchard owners and gardeners love praying mantis. Praying mantis eat a large amount of pest bugs every day without harming the plants they live around, they can be bought online and even eBay.

 


Mantises are an order (Mantodea) of insects that contains over 2,400 species in about 460 genera in 33 families. The largest family is the Mantidae ("mantids"). Mantises are distributed worldwide in temperate and tropical habitats. They have triangular heads with bulging eyes supported on flexible necks. Their elongated bodies may or may not have wings, but all Mantodea have forelegs that are greatly enlarged and adapted for catching and gripping prey; their upright posture, while remaining stationary with forearms folded, has led to the common name praying mantis

The closest relatives of mantises are termites and cockroaches (Blattodea), which are all within the superorderDictyopteraMantises are mostly ambush predators, but a few ground-dwelling species are found actively pursuing their prey. They normally live for about a year. In cooler climates, the adults lay eggs in autumn, then die. The eggs are protected by their hard capsules and hatch in the spring. Females sometimes practice sexual cannibalism, eating their mates after copulation.


 
 
 
 





 






But here's what started my fascination ...

Mantises were considered to have supernatural powers by early civilizations, including ancient Greeceancient Egypt, and Assyria. A cultural trope popular in cartoons imagines the female mantis as a femme fatale. Mantises are among the insects most commonly kept as pets.


TMI ?






 
 
A 4 minute video, Praying Mantis facts,  here
 
 

 
  
 
Just because ...
  
 
Song Thrush

  


 

Sunday's Smiles ...  



 







  
   
 
 
 



   




   

 
 


 



4 comments:

elenor said...

That 2GN2S story is so touching, Jacki!
And your information about Praying Mantis is really interesting. I might have seen one already but didn't know anything about these useful animals.
Jacki, I saved the last but one smile for my granddaughter.
Have a great week ahead.

jacki long said...

Thank you , Elenor, You are so kind and giving, I love to get feedback.
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

The smiles took the fun part🧡

jacki long said...

Thanks, John.
The smiles are the easiest part, I collect them and even have a used file that I can use if I ever run out! Not likely! ;o)