Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Day 4272. Misato Sano Dogs, God bless the "Crazies".


"Broken Past": junk mail collage.

 

 

 


  

Want music?

 

    

Click : Maroon 5, She Will Be Loved.

 


  

 

 
2GN2S




Puppy Dog Eyes and Playful Paws: 

Misato Sano’s Wooden Sculptures Capture Canine Attitude




From pudgy pugs to a precisely groomed poodle to a deliriously happy Shiba Inu, Misato Sano’s waggish pups from single blocks of wood.



 The artist (previously) chisels expectant eyes and goofy grins, revealing individual personalities that showcase each breed’s distinctive look and attitude.



Misato views our canine companions as mirrors of our own personalities, and she began making these sculptures as reflections of her own thoughts and emotions, from excitement to worry to longing.

 


Each portrayal channels myriad ways dogs can be free and open in their expressions of devotion, passion, and play.


Her solo exhibition will open this October at Cyg Gallery in Morioka City, Iwate, Japan. Find more on the artist’s website and Instagram.













I just saw this memory and thought you might like it too? You see there are lots of crazies in my life, and I am lucky to have them.


13 years ago


Jack - in reference to the email you just sent me... this is the bike. They start at around $9K. A little on the small side (only 750 cc's), but, they're based on the old BMW R71 from WWII, so, they're built like little tanks! I can't wait until you get this! You're going to look so cool on one of these (especially when you pull up to Karate class)! May I be the first to ride in the side car?
They also have a version in war paint/camouflage (but that might be a little too over the top).



Jacki Long
You're delusional!
James Lee
Wishful thinking on my part, perhaps? 
🙂
 I still think you should get one. Even though it's 1930's/40's era technology, they're a blast to ride. After class, we could do donuts on the grass at Balearic! 
😉
Jacki Long
First of all, you are never in class. Secondly, it's been done before with court repercussions! ;o(
James Lee
Ouch! 
🙂
 I've been meaning to come to class, but with all that's been going on (i.e. - the baby on the way, semester finals, leaving my job, trying to market a new Iphone App, etc.), I haven't had a spare moment. I'll be back soon... promise! As for t… 
See more
Jacki Long
Your delusional on multiple levels! I did get my race car washed and waxed ... beautiful! I think 2011 is my last year to teach?
James Lee
WHOA!!! Wait a second! So the rumors are true? What week of Karate is this, or when does the next session start?
Jacki Long
We just finished week 1 of the first 8 week summer session, then there's a week off June 28 and 30th, then start the second summer session July 5 thru August 25.
Oh boy... I was afraid you were going to say something like that. Do you have any EMT's, PhD's or RN's in the class this summer?
James Lee

 

 
 
 

  
 
A 3+  minute video, Thirsty,  here
 
 
 
  
 
Just because ...
  
Lady Ross Turco

 
  

 

Tuesday's Smiles ...  










 






  
   


  
 
 
 
 
 


 






2 comments:

elenor said...

Love your collage, Jacki!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor, Have a great week!