Monday, March 4, 2024

Day 4208: Dog Posters and Day 773

 

"Dispair": photo, collage, digital.



  

Want music?

 

    

Click here: Glass Animals, Gooey.


  

 

 
 
2GN2S

Photographer’s AI Side Hustle: Creating Unique Dog Posters 




There are many who say artificial intelligence is about to destroy photography as we know it, one photographer is earning a little cash on the side.
 

Before Jim Henderson took up photography at the age of 55 years old, he was an art director and he used his past creative endeavors for a bit of inspiration. 

“I’ve always liked these kind of retro travel posters that I’ve seen over the years,” Henderson tells PetaPixel. “So I thought I would make a couple of travel-like posters using my two dogs and posted them to social media.”

The 69-year-old insists he’s “not very tech savvy” he uses Midjourney which operates off of Discord. 

“It’s really not that bad. There are a lot of people offering tips and advice out there. There is an art to a prompt. I don’t just type in a prompt and get the poster — it doesn’t work like that,” he says. 

“I type in a prompt and it gives me something back and then I have to start refining it. Sometimes you just have to keep running and running and running — and rerunning.” Henderson says when he’s creating a custom piece for someone it has to look like their dog.




    



 

 

 


Repeat

Day 773: ... like a pair of comfortable sox?

 9/7/14

Earlier today Wonder Woman said to me ...
she thought it was kind of amazing that 
I had a new blog every day, so many days in a row.
I admitted that it is a challenge. And to myself, I felt that today my tank was empty. I solved the problem by reading the paper and ...
taking an "auto-nap".

I have been tired lately, so decided to go to bed early.
Thinking I might wake up early with an idea? But first, I checked in with my significant other, (my Mac Pro) ...and saw blog comments. I don't get many, and being pleased, I responded.

Dear Lynn commented about Day 771 ...
where I mentioned the possibility of changing my 
blog banner (below) after 771 consecutive days.
Lynn, always wise and funny said ...

"Have your given any more thought to changing
 
 your cover collage?  My thought would be you have
 
 so many gorgeous ones to chose from how will you
 
go about eliminating?  I suppose you could do a 
 
totally new one just for the big change or you could
 
 leave it and consider it a trademark  ;-)"
 



And I replied ...


"Thank you Lynn! I think I'll probably do the latter. I
 
 know I might be able to round up something maybe
 
 better, but this one is kinda like a pair of 
 
comfortable sox. Oh, I feel a blog coming on. ;o) 
 
Thank you again Lynn, I had no idea what to do for
 
 tomorrow's #773!"



This is true for me. 
As I look around at my office, my home, my stuff ... 
there are so many things that could stand up-dating,
re-arranging, even re-painting. And I might!
But for now, they are like a pair of comfortable sox!
Thank you Lynn, aka Rad Nana!!






 
 
 
 

  
 
A 3+ minute video, Ants on the Train, here.
 
 
  
Just because ...
 
 
Spot-billed Toucanet



Monday's Smiles ...  




 



 
   
 

 
 
 
 
 
 



  








 







2 comments:

elenor said...

Even after 4208 (!!!!! - Congrats Jacki to that number) wonderful blogs I really love your blog banner. It IS a trademark and I would miss it if you changed it. So, please leave it.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. Ys, I will probably keep it, as I am getting a bit lazy! ;o)