Friday, March 22, 2024

Day 4226: Holly and Colossal.


   

"Blue": junk mail collage, ink.


 



  

Want music?

 

    

Click : Smokey Robinson, Being With You

 


  

 

 
2GN2S

As promised, More from the Hilbert Museum


167 N. Atchison Street, Orange, CA 92866/Tuesday through Saturday, 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM


When I first entered the Hibert Gallery, I was drawn to a huge drafting-pencil drawing of Holly, on vellum paper mounted on canvases, attached to each other to fit the drawing. It is massive.

     



I tried to capture all of her, but you really need to visit her. She is worth the trip, I think.




   



     
   



  



She is maybe 15' high and 12' wide? 
I need to revisit. I thought Wednesday's are free, but Bea let me know it is free every day. 
Thanks again Bea.





My new find ,,,


&




 
 
 

  
 
A 2+ minute video, Valley o the Lost Ants, here
 
 
 
  

Just because ...
 

Blue Heron
 

 

Friday's Smiles ... 

 





 




  

   
 


 
   




   

 
 
 







6 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

Love the balance and shapes in your artwork today. Oh, and did I mention the color? Don't know how you do it, day after day. So impressive, Jacki.

elenor said...

Jacki, your collage is again worth being shown at the Museum or at Colossal. I'm sure about this!
Jacki, I'm glad you got my heart collage and you like it. I think it was meant to be in your birthday mail? Then it would be more than 3 month late. Maybe, better late than never?
Love your great blog. Thank you, Jacki, for such much inspiration.

tgarrett said...

I love your blog- I try to look each day. The collage on this one is especially wonderful.

jacki long said...

Thank you Terry, I always love to get your feedback because I respect your opinion so much. I am lucky to be close to you! Thank you, Terry.

jacki long said...

Thank you Carrol, you give me too much credit. You do a herculean amount for so many and still do your gorgeous watercolors! So there! ;o)

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. I received a rabbit Easter card from former student, Mitzi today, so I will tear up and make a postcard to send to her, when I finish here. ;o)