Thursday, March 7, 2024

Day 4211:


 

"Blood and Guts", collage, Citrosolv


 

 



  
\

Want music?

 

    

Click here: Player, Baby Come Back

 


  

 

 
2GN2S



Throwback Thursday ...





Demura Sensei, Karate Demonstration
Stomach Walk at Japanese Village and Deer Park
Buena Park, CA 1971






Welder for a Day

Wednesday, March 5, 2014  

I took my first one on one welding workshop.



I have always loved metals, especially rusty. 


And there was this amazing sculptor, Shamus Koch!

For information: contact at 949-497-5526

A popular Laguna artist mentioned in earlier posts.
Not often does an artist teach one on one.
Especially welding. I signed up August. 2013
This was to be my day ...


I arrived at his magical outdoor Laguna Beach studio


He furnished all the necessities ...


helmets ...


gloves ...


shred, rings and rocks ...


the tools ... and I'm ready!


My first assignment ... weld the two railroad ties
for practice & a paperweight at the same time.


Using the wire brush to clean the shred for soldering.


The selected ring, bolt ... all ready to start!


First 4 real solders ... making the base.
Might not be pretty, but it is sturdy. Like me.


The ring was soldered to the base ...
and the shred soldered to the ring ...


I chose to make a hanging pendant for balance ...
by soldering a ball, bolt & chain ...


My finished sculpture, ready to take home.



Before leaving, just a few shots of eye candy.
The creative work of Shamus Koch.


But, I'm in Laguna Beach!


Can't go home this way ...

(looking north)
without a beach picture for Rad Nana...

(looking out)
or two ...

looking down ;o)
or three ?

(looking south)
Right?



And, my new addition at home. A fun day!




 
 
 
 

  
 
A 6 minute video, Tradufeu, Here
 
  
Just because ...
 
 
Green Magpie




Thursday's Smiles ...  




 



  
   
 

 
 


   


suika = watermelon, Japanese

   



  





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 






4 comments:

elenor said...

Love your sculpture, Jacki. Didn't you want to make another? Or did you think it would be nice but one has to focus on just a few things?

Irene said...

What an interesting day you had. Was Samuel a good instructor? 2013! No-one can say that you are not patient. Love your sculpture xoxo

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. Time -wise, one was all time woiuld allow after learning the basics so I wouldn't set myself on fire! It was un1

jacki long said...

Hi Irene!Yes it was a fun day, ans he was patient with me. I had to learn some basics before I could work on my sculpture.