Saturday, March 30, 2024

Day 4234: Assume I Can, and Sponges?

 

 

"Search": photo, collage, ink, digital.

 

 

 



  

Want music?

 

    

Click : De Barge, I Like It.

 


  

 

 
2GN2S


Assume I can!

Madison Tevlin, 22-year-old actress, advocate and model


I love  this bold, honest ad created in recognition of World Down Syndrome Day, which was March 21. In short, it poses the question: Why do you assume people with Down Syndrome can't do basic things, like have a drink or live on their own? Wouldn't it be better to assume they can? Our friends at CNN Audio spoke to the star of the viral video, 22-year-old actress, advocate and model Madison Tevlin, who says she loves "proving people wrong" about all of the things people with Down Syndrome can do. “I always say that I have Down Syndrome, and it’s the least interesting thing about me,” Tevlin said. “The part of who I am, well it’s not all of me. We should all celebrate our differences in our own special and unique ways.”

 

Read the whole story and 1-1/2 min video here






Well, not really, we are in Henderson, Nevada (but can see it in the far distance.)

As  GH#2 and I got through security, we headed way down to Gate 20. On the left side of the promenade were large display cases filled with various kinds of re-cycling art. This was one.

   



 

 
 
Our flight was delayed so we took selfies!
 
 
 

 
 
And, we enjoyed the sunset from John Wayne Airport, Orange County.
 
 
 

 
 
Now, Goodnight from Henderson.
 
 
 
 
 
 

  
 
A 5+ minute video, Ugly, here
 
 
 
  

Just because ...
 
 
Green Magpie

 


Saturday's Smiles ...  




 

 
 
   

 
 

 
 




  

 



  
 
 
 
 
 
 




4 comments:

john said...

Oh Jacki, this is so spectacular. OMG! I absolutely love it! :-)

elenor said...

Great blog again, Jacki. But you know what I enjoyed most: the pics of you and your Grandson having fun together.

Wishing you
Happy Easter
with your family!

I'll see my family on Easter Monday - so glad to spend time together.
I sent my mail again hoping you get the key-fob pic. If not, please tell me.

jacki long said...

Thank yu Johnn, I do like to do faces and digita collage. ;o)

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor Have Happy times and a Happy Easter!