Thursday, March 21, 2024

Day 4225: Hilbert Museum and WW-to-be

 

   

"Forsaken": collage, watercolor, ink.






  

Want music?

 

    

Click : Jason Derulo, Savage Love.

 


  

 

 
2GN2S
 
So Cal artist and friend Bea Savellano e-mailed me. "I wanted to mention to you that I went to the revived museum at Chapman College and it’s fabulous. I know you live in the area. If you haven’t gone yet, it’s great". I responded, "Thanks for the tip! You are so kind and thoughtful. I do live maybe 15 minutes (if all the traffic gets out of my way?) from Chapman. I would love to go see it."
 
167 N. Atchison Street, Orange, CA 92866/Tuesday through Saturday, 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM
 
 
 


    
 
 I went Wednesday and was not disappointed. Visitors will now find a striking new two-building ensemble offering 26 galleries for rotating displays of the more than 5,000 oils, watercolors, drawings, illustrations, pieces of movie production art and more in the growing Hilbert Collection.

Founded through the ongoing generosity of art patrons and philanthropists Mark and Janet Hilbert, it holds the distinction of being the only museum in the world committed to tracing the rich, iconic history of the Golden State from the 1900s to the present through works by leading California Scene artists and Hollywood studio artists and animators.



     
 
 
 
   


   
 
 
   
 
 
 
     



  




I have more photos, but will save them for the next day or so. The art I chose to photograph appealed to me, there is so much more for you to chose from.





 

Throwback Thursday ...


Lebanon, Indiana 1976

I love this photo of the three year old Wonder- Woman-to -be, and her Great Uncle Skete, on his and Aunt Fern's Farm. Grandaughter, Alana lives on that farm now. I used to go to that farm decades ago, and I'm sure I looked up at Uncle Skete with the same love.

Family.


 
 
 
 

  
 
A 8 minute video, Treasure in a bottle, here
 
  
Just because ...
 
   
Ostrich




Thursday's Smiles ...  




 




    
    


 
 
 
  



   




   



 

 




 
 
 
 
 
 









6 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

I have two upcoming visits to the Hilbert: can't wait. This has been a busy week because my daughter was out of the state for work, so "Grammy" had extra long days and more of them: not that I'm complaining, but it let's me know how old I really am!

You are still on my list for a get together. There is a relatively new place in Costa Mesa on Harbor and Wilson, called "The Mercado". It is a Mexican food mecca, and would be more "eye candy" for your blogs as well. I will send a personal email with some dates that work for me and hopefully we can come up with a few hours together. I always appreciate the wisdom you provide at the end of each blog, especially todays 10!Hugs1

elenor said...

I'm looking forward to seeing more of the photos you took at this fabulous museum. I think this is a place where one could spend some hours every week without getting bored.
Wishing you a fine Friday, Jacki.

Bea said...

I think it is free everyday…

jacki long said...

Thanks Bes, I wasn't sure. They did have a glass donation box, pulled aro9und the corner? So I wasn't sure. There were so many old people (my age or younger). I'll go back and correct my error (an easy fix) Thanks for letting me know. ;o)

jacki long said...

Thanks Carrol, it sounds great to get togerther, it has been so long, loast year!Miss you! ;o)

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor, Yes you would enjoy spending time there.