Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Day 4210: Explorer and an Macy Ad.

 

 

"Heartbreak": photo, watercolor, digital.

 




  

Want music?

 

    

Click here: Chaka Khan, Everlasting Love.

 


  

 

 
2GN2S



Around the world and then some ...



Irish explorer Johnny Ward has completed the ultimate tour of the globe, and he's not done yet. After decades of traveling and mountaineering, Ward can now claim the Ultimate Explorer’s Grand Slam, which involves reaching the highest peak on every continent and visiting both the North and South Poles in addition to visiting every country. (Oh, he also became the first known Irish person to visit every country back in 2017). He knows his lifestyle is unattainable to most, but that was what pushed him in the first place. Born in Galway, Ireland, Ward told CNN Travel how domestic issues forced him, his mom and his sister to change their names and flee to Northern Ireland — part of the UK — where he would grow up, while his father was in prison. The hardship sparked his passion for travel. Now that he's done the ultimate world bucket list, he says he's putting all his efforts into helping others to achieve their travel goals. 
Read the whole story here.








Not what Macy's had in mind ...



I can't help it.
My Mom taught me to find a use for leftover things!
She didn't believe in wasting anything.
Food, clothes, furniture and on and on.
So I look at junk mail and think ...
I can use that!


My work area and Penney's you're next ...

I use bits and pieces, mostly torn,
 of this and that ...

Macy's #1

and play until I like how they look.


Macy's #2

Now I realize, it's not ...


Macy's #3

what Macy's had in mind ...


Macy's #4

but I think maybe my Mom would have approved.


Macy's #5

Doing my bit to save the landfill ...
one ad at a time.


 
 
 
 

  
 
A 4+ minute video, Umbrella & Coconuts, here.
 
 
  
Just because ...
  

Jacana

 



Wednesday's Smiles ... 

 



  
   

 
  


 
  


   


   
   







 





4 comments:

elenor said...

Love how you use your junk mail, Jacki! And I love how you turn bits of paper worth nothing into art nobody would throw away. From no worth to worth a lot, that's wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could see the world through your eyes. You always find the beauty & awe in everything… I have learned so much from you through the years & I’m so grateful 💕

Irene said...

Jacki the Magical Artist, turns junk into beauty! xoxo

Irene said...

I might add..
and has taught others to do the same.