Monday, January 23, 2023

Day 3809: Lights on and Trip.


"Save", junk mail collage.



Want music?


Click here: Redbone, Come Get Your Love
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 

2GN2S ...

 

The lights have been on at Massachusetts school for over a year because no one can turn them off ?

 
All the lights at Minnechaug Regional High School in Wilbraham, Mass., have been on since Aug. 24, 2021.

For nearly a year and a half, a Massachusetts high school has been lit up around the clock because the district can’t turn off the roughly 7,000 lights in the sprawling building.

The lighting system was installed at Minnechaug Regional High School when it was built over a decade ago and was intended to save money and energy. But ever since the software that runs it failed on Aug. 24, 2021, the lights in the Springfield suburbs school have been on continuously, costing taxpayers a fortune.

“We are very much aware this is costing taxpayers a significant amount of money,” Aaron Osborne, the assistant superintendent of finance at the Hampden-Wilbraham Regional School District, told NBC News. “And we have been doing everything we can to get this problem solved.” Osborne said it’s difficult to say how much money it's costing because during the pandemic and in its aftermath, energy costs have fluctuated.   (4 min.Video, here)

 

 

 
Monday started at 5:30 am getting up, getting ready and finishing packing to leave NV for CA. My plane was to leave at 8 am, and at 8:02 we were taxiing down the LV runway on a cold morning.
 

take off
 
leaving Las Vegas for the OC.
 
Superman and WonderWoman made my reservation on JSX, a small private-ish airline. You just go into their private airport, show your ID and they take your luggage and give you a boarding pass. When they call the flight you scan you boarding pass and get on. You do have to climb 5 stairs. The plane holds 30 passengers with great leg room, and a crew of 3. When you arrive and deplane your luggage is ready at the bottom of the stairs. So easy. Thank you Sm & WW! When above the OC the plane went out over the Pacific to approach the runway.

   
Newport Beach
 
Orange County
Deplaning at 9:05 am, my luggage was waiting for me, I went into the lounge just as Grandhunk #3 was coming in. We got in his truck and talked all the way home. He took my bag for me and put it on the bed, we talked some more and then he left to go work out. I wanted a nap, but I used it to bribe me to unpack and put away first, and I did. Great to be home, but a fun trip!  Thanks again WonderWomn and Superman!


 
 
A 3-minute video, David Crosby, here.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Red-backed Western Rosella



 
 
Smiles for Tuesday ...
    

 

 
 

 

                             Thanks for coming by today ...


5 comments:

john said...

You really are the queen of red which I always love. Glad you had a great trip. Welcome home! :-)

elenor said...

Jacki, thanks for your wonderful pics. I always loved looking down from the airplane, when everything looks to tiny and lovely. I always thought all my problems became less important and high over ground I felt free and unburdened.
Glad you came home safely, Jacki!

jacki long said...

Thanks, John, it is good to be home. I am glad you liked this one, I do too.

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor! I did try to catch the beginning and end of th quick flight. Five days of fun and I am still a bit tired, eventhough I did little to tire myself.

Branmuffin said...

Private-ish plane, super fancy!!!