Sunday, January 1, 2023

Day 3787: Happy, Healthy 2023!!


  

"Disruption": junk mail collage.




Want music?




Click here: Roberta Flack, Until it's Time
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ...

190-year-old Jonathan, the oldest tortoise in the world



Jonathan has seen war. Jonathan has seen peace. Jonathan has had a long and varied string of lovers. Jonathan probably knows the secrets of the world. More story, here.



 

 

As we close out 2022, I want to say once more—thank you! I started this silly blog 3787 days ago, or 10.375 years ago after retiring from teaching at age 70. My plan was to write every day. I didn't have a idea or format, so it was all over the place. One friend said she enjoyed the artwork but wasn't used to the family stuff. I somewhat put off, but then decided that it's my blog and that is part of me? Not too long after, the same friend said she changed her mind that she loved hearing about the antics of my three, crazy Grandhunks!

Over the years I added smiles, as I think we all need more laughs, then I added just because, just because I wanted to add some of nature's eye candy. Then came the pandemic and we all needed some good news. I really try to keep the blog short enough to be a light and easy read. The Dad and family stories seem to be a favorite. I may have to re-run a few from time to time? Mainly, I want to express my gratitude to those of you who read some or all of it, and especially those of you who take time to comment or reply on FB. I am committed to continuing daily until I can't. "It keeps me off the streets and I don't roll sailors anymore."

 




 
 
 
A great 6-minute video, Pelehere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Eastern Cattle Egret



 


Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 
 


  

 
 
 

 

  
 

                             Thanks for coming by today

 

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

Branmuffin said...

Congratulations for continuing this blog, Jacki! Happy New Year!!

elenor said...

Jacki, I loved to read about the history of your blog and how it developed to this wonderful form. And thanks for promising to go on with it. I'm looking forward to all new blogs to come.
All the best wishes for a wonderful and happy New Year.

jacki long said...

Thank you Bran Muffin!
Thank you for all your help and care, all through the years!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor!Yes, it's been an adventure and keeps me thinking!
HAVE A GREAT, HAPPY, HEALTHY NEW YEAR IN 2023!!