Thursday, January 5, 2023

Day 3791: Move and Tall.


  
"Drone strikes": ink, junk mail collage.





Want music?




Click here: Natalie Cole, This Will Be
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ...

Pay to Move?

  
Japan is offering to pay families to move out of its overcrowded capital. Starting in April, the incentive -- equivalent to about $7,700 per child -- will be issued to families if they move from Tokyo to less-populated countryside towns, a spokesperson from the central government said. Tokyo is the country's most populous city, with roughly 37 million residents. For decades, people across Japan have migrated to its urban centers seeking job opportunities. With little space, prices have skyrocketed, while rural towns have been left with fewer residents -- as well as millions of unoccupied homes. This is not the first time the government has tried to use financial incentives to encourage people to leave, but the new plan is more generous at three times the amount currently offered.



Recently & quite often, people ask me, or WonderWoman where the giant Grandhunks get their tallness?

Mothers Day, 2021


Both SM (6') and WW (5'7") are normal tall, but
GH#1 (25) is 6'5", GH#2 (24) is 6'3 and 
GH#3 (22) is 6'4 and not done.
I hunted up a picture of my Grandpa, 
 their great, great Grandpa, 6'6" ...


Uncle Skete, Aunt Fern, Aunt Pauline, Uncle Owen, Aunt Martha, Uncle Jerry & Grandpa.

really tall back then. A farmer and father of ten!


Original 10 children, two boys died after childbirth, Ralph died at 16 of appendicitis.
 

I remember sitting on my Grandpa's lap when I was very little. Some were intimidated by his size, but I was sure he was a softie inside. I remember his scruffy stubble. Once I climbed up on him, uninvited, after I had eaten bread with sorghum. I was sticky and got him sticky. He made a fuss but smiled, and I knew it was okay. I think I did it several times after that, a new game.




Throwback Thursday ...
 
49th birthday celebration @ Crackers & great friend Adrian, 1990

 
 
 
 
 
A 2-minute video, rare pastahere.


 
Just because ...
 
Hoppoe

 
 
 


Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

    





 

                             Thanks for coming by today

 

 

 

6 comments:

john said...

We are now in the technology era and here we go with technology like Drones being used in war. Quite astounding in so many ways. Now I have something else to think of. :-)

elenor said...

As you already might know I love your family photos and the family stories. Today you show all three generations: Your grandparents with their children, your daughter with her family and the picture of your 49th birthday. You were such a beauty, Jacki!

Carrol Wolf said...

My son helped me install a new operating system during the holidays. After they left on January 2, I started getting back into my old routine. But much to my dismay, my email was not coming through. So I have been looking at your blogs on my cell. Today he helped me over the phone to get it working. So I am re-enjoying your last several blogs. I loved the pasta story and it was so beautiful on the round form. Thank you, as always Jacki.

jacki long said...

Thanks John, Yes we lice in a time of fast changes. Hard to imagine what's next?

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. You daily feedback helps me so much. We are having rain, which we need so badly.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Carrol, it is lovely to hear from you. Yes, viewing the blog on a cell phone is daunting, I am so glad you are back to normal. It'a when something goes wrong on my Mac that I realize how addicted I am?