Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Day 3796: Rain and GH 1 & 3.

 

"Blood and Tears": inks, collage.




Want music?




Click here: Doobie Brothers, Get Lucky.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ...

NOAA satellites snap stunning images of potent bomb cyclone, Pineapple Express rolling into California

 NOAA weather satellites is displaying the dangerous beauty of the West Coast storm bombing out over California this week.

The images from NASA and NOAA's GOES satellites of the bomb cyclone show the intensity of the swirling atmospheric river system – known as a Pineapple Express because it originates near Hawaii – as it crashes into coastal California. NOAA's GOES-West satellite monitors the U.S. Pacific Ocean and has been keeping an eye on the weather system as it moves closer to California.

 

  
Air Mass RGB images from @NOAASatellites #GOES17/#GOESwest showed the Hurricane Force low moving toward the US West Coast

More info & photos, 5+min video lower on blog.




Lots of errands today, the Tustin Body Shop called and said  my little 13 year old car (115,000 miles) was fixed and ready to be picked up. That meant arranging to give the rental back. They let me leave the rental at the body shop, Enterprise Car Rental is really good about picking up. Then two of the Grandhunks (1 & 3) called and asked to meet for lunch ...Yes!! We had our usual and talked about everything. When we left, they both walked me to my cat, each holding my hand. I was thinking how lucky am I?  Jordan said hold your hands up and I did. I said I wanted a photo so Jordan took this.

Zack is holding my leftovers aka supper.




 
 
 
A 5-minute video, Pineapple Expresshere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Blue-footed Booby and chicks.


 


Smiles for Tuesday ...
 
 

  
 
 

   



 

                             Thanks for coming by today

 



2 comments:

elenor said...

These are the best moments we can have in our age. You and also the boys look so happy!
The last smile expresses exactly what I'm often feeling and thinking. Better not to look too often into the mirror.
Have a good day, Jacki!

jacki long said...

Yes, that mirror is problematic, but definitely better than the alternative.;o)