Friday, January 20, 2023

Day 3806: Poet and Girls Trip.

 

"Everyday": junk mail collage.

 

 


Want music?




Click here: Rose Royce, Wishing on a Star
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ...

Kayden Hern, 9, spoke as poet laureate

   

Kayden Hern, 9, spoke as poet laureate at the inauguration of New York Gov. Kathy Hochul on New Year’s Day. He performed a piece he wrote titled, “In My Mind.”

Kayden spoke as poet laureate at the inauguration of New York Gov. Kathy Hochul on New Year’s Day, performing a piece he wrote titled, “In My Mind.” 

He told WPIX his grandmother, Jackie Hern, provided some of the initial inspiration, saying she told him to write his thoughts down. 

“In my mind, I used to be a child of poverty, not knowing that hopes and dreams can become reality. In my mind, I thought it was fine to sit in the back of the classroom because my teacher never asked me to read or write."  Kayden wrote.

* Hear Hayden Kern on the short video below.




A girls trip/weekend!


WonderWoman planned a girls trip for this weekend! The "girls" include WW, granddog, Zoey, and me. We left at 11:30 from Orange County headed for Lake Havasu, AZ.

 
 
 
As we got near to Lake Havasu, Zoey, who had been asleep, perked up. WW says it's her favorite spot.
 
 
WW put the window down part way for her.
 
 
 
We arrived in time for the sunset.
 
 

Day 1
 
to be continued ,,,
 



 
 
 
A 2+minute video, 9yr old Poet Laureate, here.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Yellow bibbed Lory

 
 


Smiles for Friday ...
 
 
 

 

 

  

  
 

                             Thanks for coming by today

 

6 comments:

john said...

I can not image what it is like living in a war zone. Life in general is difficult enough. Add the stress of war and it must seem totally overwhelming. Another well done piece, Jacki. :-)

Sam Zimmerman said...

What an awesome poem and story! Also, hope you have fun on your girls trip!

elenor said...

Jacki, I wanted to watch the video with Hayden Kern but I only got this: This content is not available in your country/region.
I thought he was such a remarkable young man.
How nice to see you a having a good time with you daughter. Enjoy.

jacki long said...

I agree, John. My only conclusion is that when people are determined enough they get stronger to cope?

jacki long said...

Thanks Sam, Yes, Day 2 was awesome, and a little of it in tomorrow's blog.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. I am so sorry the video was restricted, that is a shame.Have a great weekend.