Saturday, December 15, 2018

Day 2333: Mother-Daughter time x 2.






paper girl: ink & collage on Sketchbook Project spread.











Want music?

 




Click here for Hall & Oates, She's Gone.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









A step by step in my Sketchbook Project journal.
I decided I would work with oranges, so I gathered
some potential papers and junk mail.




I found a previously sketched face on a Thomas Guide page 
and glued it in on the left side of the journal spread.
I started adding collage to both pages.




It looks pretty scary, but the beauty of collage is 
it is easy to cover up what you don't like.


step 2

The face is so-so, the dark areas on the face are from 
ink on the other side, I didn't try to cover it up.

step 3

Of course there were many steps in between the four steps shown,
the four were when I remembered to stop and shoot. 

step 4

It's not a total success, but I do like the rough haphazard look.
Good thing.







Between the four of us we finally got smart
for our Mother-Daughter time X 2. Since Carole & I
both have December birthdays, we decided to  
celebrate both half way in between. Today was that day.



We also decided that Reunion Kitchen is our place. 

Perfect!


We all loved  (Dughter#2) Cheryl's hat. Don't you?
I have loved this beautiful girl since age six, when
she and the 5 year old WW met and became friends for life. 
I am proud to be Mom #2.



Cheryl & Mom Carole (WW's Mom#2)

Cheryl's Mom#2 & WonderWoman

After catching up, stories and laughing till tears, we also ate.
The food was amazing. Appetizers included a plate size pretzel
and another plate of spiced crusty asparagus, both with dipping sauces.The meals I will name and you can guess who got what?
Someone got a poke bowl with brown rice; someone got a beet &
pecan salad with salmon; someone got a rib burger on Texas toast, while someone else ordered a patty melt on parmesan grilled rye.
Both sandwiches came with warm bacon potato salad.
Some had wine, 1 white, 2 red. Sound good? It really was,




Then there was the complimentary Carrot Cake to be shared. Yum!
We arrived at noon and left at 2:45, our waitress Ryan said to 
take our time, and we surely did. Another great day!
Thank you Cheryl and WonderWoman!










A smile for Saturday ...





No comments: