Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Day 2330: Another great day!





village: acrylic, gesso, collage on journal spread









Want music?

 




Click here forRoberta Flack & Donny Hathaway, Back Together Again.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








A journal spread on 8-1/2 x 11" heavy watercolor paper
to share another step-by-step.




step1


I started with acrylics spread on a celadon base.



step 2


Uncertain, I started adding black gesso in an irregular grid.



step 3


I started to see buildings so just went with it.



step 4


I wanted to add collage, just here and there.
I thought it was done, but ...
when I looked at it on screen ... not quite.





step 5




The addition is subtle, but I think necessary.
Doesn't look like anything would pass code?
But, I do like the colors. What do you think?









Tuesday was my birthday and I woke up to a lot of messages.




My family were all working, and I had a lots of errands.
Roy Center, Costa Mesa Dojo Instructor had asked 
me to come to their annual Kata Tournament at 5 PM.
I got caught in heavy traffic and called Roy to let him know.
My phone is set up so I don't get calls while driving.
But since I had called Roy, it thought I wasn't driving.
The phone rang, I answered and WonderWoman said 
"why are you answering when you are driving?" 
I said, "you called me!"My little squirrel-powered car 
doesn't have blue tooth anda lot of other modern amenities, 
but it gets 38 mpg, so it's cool.I got to the dojo @ 5:20, 
and the tournament had just started.It is always so nice 
to be invited back to the dojo where I taught for 33 years. 
Some of the students are still there. Some of the juniors 
are now twice as tall. So nice to see the traditions still in place. 
Kim Israelson baked a beautiful birthday cake and they sang 
to me. I thanked them for not putting candles on it. 
Costa Mesa Dojo gave me & all the judges a beautiful 
poinsettia plant. The Riss family gave me a beautiful tiny 
birthday cake. I received cards & many gift bags, which 
I haven't opened yet, but I took a picture for you. 
I am behind on reading the many birthday wishes 
on my phone, but will thank you all soon.





So you see, another really wonderful day. 
My thanks to so many who took time to write a message, 
send a card, call, sing to me, give me a hug, a gift or kind wishes.
 I so appreciate it all.
You made it a really great day and I sincerely thank you.












A smile for Wednesday ...






No comments: