Sunday, December 9, 2018

Day 2328: What a great day!







Ruby: tissue, sewing patterns & joss paper collage on canvas.













Want music?

 




Click here for Jack Johnson, Good People
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








On Sunday afternoon, it is our practice to go to the 4:30 service at Eastside. We go then, because all three Grandhunks are off work by then and we can all six go together. As I have mentioned, I could drive and meet them there, but instead I drive to the house on the hill and ride with them. I love the family chatter to and from.
Our church is affiliated with Missions of Hope International,


We had the opportunity to sponsor a child, from 3,000 profiles and pictures posted on the walls. SM & WW  sponsored three, and I was thinking about it. Then I saw Maryann Akoth Otieno and she melted my heart.  
Born 11/11/2012 she is at Bonderi School, Nairobi, Kenya. "Maryann's favorite subject is art, and she would like to be a teacher when she grows up."



Already a very special day.







After church we all went to dinner at Rodrigo's. I didn't realize it was a dinner for my birthday, since that's not till Tuesday. But everyone will be working and so we celebrated together Sunday. I should have taken pictures, but I was caught off guard? After we ordered, they handed me two beautifully wrapped gifts. I had no clue? They said open the bigger one first.




It's an iPad Pro, my dream gift!




And, the Apple pencil, a stylus for the iPad Pro.
 



Grandhunk # 1 will come over tomorrow to help me get set up.
I have to be the happiest camper in SoCal! I am so blessed.
Thank you Superman, WonderWoman & Grandhunks!









A smile for Monday ...







No comments: