Saturday, May 26, 2018

Day 2130: I apologize if you have heard this story.






Geisha: junk mail collage, old prints & digital












Want music?

 




Click here for Quincy Jones, The secret garden.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









I originally told this little story on Day #258, April 2013.




Several decades ago, Demura Sensei pointed to a geranium 
on his desk ... and said to me, "you like that flower".




 I said, "But Sensei, that's a geranium",
with the same intonation as if it were a weed.
"Yes, you like geranium!".




"Oh Sensei, can't I be a rose, or an orchid ...
or a tulip?" I pleaded.




"No,  you like geranium!".  I was crushed. 
I wanted to be something elegant or beautiful.





Later Sensei said, "No, that good. 
They don't need attention & they bloom easy."
And so, I guess I am a geranium.












I am re-publishing this very early blog ...
actually from five+ years ago or 1872 days earlier!
I apologize if you have heard this story.
My Dad used to ask if we had heard a story,
 if we said yes, he would say ...  "here it comes again."

I am on day 6 of Grandma time, and didn't have a
time to go home to do this blog today. 
I have my new laptop here with me.
I do have a lot to share from today's trip to the Brea Gallery, 
but my "fancy-schmancy" laptop is not letting me access 
my photos! I'm not thrilled, but I will try when I go home.


Have a wonderful Memorial weekend & take good care.











A smile for Saturday ...










No comments: