Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Day 2112: A local, long-time landmark.






Ben: photo, collage & digital












Want music?

 




Click here for Kris Fuchigami, Can't take my eyes off of you.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









When I drive to day class I see this radio tower from a distance.
I check for it each time, it's always there.




People driving the 5 freeway, near Grand off-ramp, 
may have noticed it as well. A local, long-time landmark.
Spaced flashing lights to warn off air traffic.
I tried to find some history for you here
maybe erected in 1922, but it wasn't definitive to me?




I left early before day class and drove 
down SA back streets to find the source.
Workers in the area regarded me as an alien.



Railway tracks to the left & secure fencing kept me at a distance.






You might have laughed if you had seen me 
doing a back-bend trying to shoot the top!
There was no way to get it all in one shot.
That's okay, I found it & like it anyway.












78 degrees, blue skies, Santa Ana, CA,
















A smile for Tuesday ...
 








No comments: