Sunday, February 25, 2024

Day 4200: Chess Prodigy and Sidetracked.




"2 sides';  digital collage
 

 

  



  

Want music?

 

    

Click here: Eric Clapton, Change the World.

 


 

 
2GN2S


8-Year-Old Chess Prodigy Makes History by Beating 37-Year-Old Grandmaster


Trinia Lashay



     





Sidetracked!  (Step-by-step?)


While some of abilities are not 100% of what they were maybe a decade or two ago, my ability to get sidetracked has increased ten fold. So much so that I realized it as a definite update.

Sidetracked is a verb that means a position or condition of secondary importance to which one may be diverted, or to turn aside from a purpose or action.  I have always tackled a few jobs at once and jumped back and forth, and in between.

Tonight's example; I have been working on future blogs, and have wrapped a gift for George's birthday next Thursday ...


I wanted to attach the key (it says memories) to the center of the bow, so I wanted a metal clasp, copper wire or something cool. I dug out my Dad's old metal box ...



 
I use it for ...
 
 
junk! I haven't poked around in it yet, but I feel there will be something that will work for me? But, meanwhile I am typing this for the blog. Even when I am walking to get something, I will see something else I need to do, and will bring it in to the studio to work on too. I decided to use these two ...
 
 
to do this ...
 

and on the back of his 20th birthday card ... 
 
(greatly enlarged)

 
Yes, I  got sidetracked again, as I had to hunt for this Yokozuna sticker.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

  
 
A 5 minute video, A Mosquito Afternoon, here.
 
 
  
Just because ...
  

Winston's Bird Of Paradise.jpg

 


Sunday's Smiles ...  

 

  




  
   

 
 
 

 


   
  

   
  






 




 

 



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As we move along in this thing we call " life"..getting " side tracked" feels like the right track when all is said and done!. Kinda weird. Your blog seems to outline this process perfectly and love chess sssoo..child prodigy info was 🔥!

elenor said...

Day 4200. Gratulation, Jacki. This number is quite impressive.

It's at least a relief to know I'm not the only one who gets sidetracked. It gets worse when I feel stressed and then I sometimes make a plan so I won't forget anything.

Have a good start into the new week, Jacki.

jacki long said...

Dear Anonymous, Tghank you for your kind words, still hope to learn who I am thanking? Even just initials would keep me busy for quite a while??

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor, I am kinda sure there is a bunch of us sidetrackers~

john said...

Great idea for color versus black and white. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello Jacki, I linked to your blog from your comment on MAM's blog (I think).
What a wonderful archive YOU have created over these many years! I have enjoyed scrolling around, and will come back to you from time to time. Thank you for the time and effort you devoted to this treasure. I especially like the photo of your Father's green box.
Carol in Cincinnati, Ohio