Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Day 4195: Washi Paper and Laguna.


"Dark": collage, inks, digital.




  

Want music?

 

    

Click here: Paul Simon, You Can Call Me Al

 


  

 

 
2GN2S




DECORATIVE WASHI AT AWAGAMI

Offering an unprecedented range of hand-dyed washi papers in a myriad of tones, textures and patterns in our online shop.  Use these expressive sheets for fine art, interior design, crafts, photo backdrops, bookbinding, lighting, etc….





Hand-Dyeing Awagami’s fibrous “Unryu” washi papers - 11 colors now available



To see all DECO WASHI, here



REPEAT

Day 585: A rainy day in Laguna!

   



It all started with this in Friday's newspaper ...
 
 

a free event, even a free shuttle!
Definitely in my price range.
Yes, I knew it was raining, but ...
only witches melt in the rain!
I LOVE the rain!

 
My first clue was the empty shuttle parking lot!


I called the number listed and a lady with ...
an elegant accent said the tour was cancelled ...
but ...  to come again in October.

  


So, do I drive back home and work?
Or ... park and shop?
What's your guess?

  


  Oh, you are so smart!
Shopping and a walk won out ...

   


in this charming beach town.

  

  

I saw lots of sandbags ready at storefronts ...

  


   A wall mural so long I couldn't fit it in one shot ...

  


   and of course ...

  


the beach ...

   

  
 

When you're in town, you can't help ...
looking at the homes up on the hill.

  


So I decided to drive up to the top to see ...

  

 

the view inland ... and the road home

  


down and the road home ...

  



All in all, a fun rainy afternoon.

 




 
 
 

  
 
A 3 minute video, Sunflower, here.
 
 
  
Just because ...
  

Purple Honeycreeper

 



Tuesday's Smiles ... 

   


 

   




   

 




  



 




 

 

2 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

Great start to another rainy day. I will show my grandson the writing about being ten. (Tha
nk goodness all of my grandchildren are avid readers. Reading can entice you when you are young and save you when you are older.

The vicarious trip to Laguna was so enjoyable, I loved the video, and seeing how papers are made is always fun. You rock.

elenor said...

I can only agree with Carrol Wolf in everything she says. May I also say "you rock", Jacki? But for sure I can say "thanks for another lovely blog", Jacki.