Friday, October 21, 2022

Day 3715: Rolls Royce and the $ store.

 

"Rolling Blackouts": junk mail collage



Want music?




Click here: Earth, Wind & Fire, Love's Holiday.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ... 

Rolls-Royce Reveals the Spectre, a $413,000 Massive EV Super Coupe

 
Its smooth dual-motor electric powertrain should complement traditional Rolls-Royce virtues of quiet and calm, with a carefully engineered, heavily assisted electronic chassis that's promised to deliver a "magic carpet ride."

Power should be sufficient, in the Rolls tradition: 577 horsepower and 664 pound-feet of torque, enough to get the coupe to 60 mph in a claimed 4.4 seconds. The first cars will reach customers in late 2023.


“The electric car is perfectly noiseless and clean. There is no smell or vibration. They should become very useful when fixed charging stations can be arranged.” So said Charles Stewart Rolls in the year 1900, six years before he’d come to launch the gasoline-fired Rolls Royce Motor Cars concern with Henry Royce. Rolls predicted a future that seems likely to come to pass starting now as the company bearing the two men's famous surnames has just fired the opening salvo in a mission to sell nothing but electrically propelled motorcars by the year 2030.

The Spirit of Ecstasy, the re-designed hood ornament



Car and Driver says: a top speed of 155 miles is anticipated along with an all-electric estimated EPA range of 260 miles. We’ll know more once we drive it next year.

 * This was for my Dad, who loved cars. Although he said the Rolls was quiet and smooth but not very responsive? He wouldn't believe the price.



On my way to day class, I stopped at the dollar (now $1.50) store. I needed AA batteries for the clock in the studio. I ended buying 2 pkg. of batteries, different brands. I don't know why? Made sense at the time?


* If you noticed the missing battery, it's in the studio clock! ;o)



Also a package of kitchen sponges & a cuticle trimmer. In and out in 10 minutes, $4.31 total.It is surely some kind of record?

Side note: the cashier asked how I was doing? I answered, "I'm fine thanks, how about you"? She seemed surprised, and said she was good, and she thanked me for asking. I was surprised, and asked if people didn't ask? She said, not really. Mostly they don't respond to my question, some roll their eyes and are eager to go. I apologized and wished her a better day today.

So,10 minutes, $4.31 and a lesson in manners. I sent this message to a very good friend today.


 I enjoy Brian Andreas work. Paying attention might be one of the vital human needs. Seems we are all bombarded with so much. Noise, facts, news, distractions, duties and more. Have I driven but been on auto pilot sometimes? Yes. Have I listened partly then jumped to what I can add? Yes. But, I had a sorority sister, Penny, who had a wonderful gift. When she listened, she listened 100% and as a result I felt like I was an important person. I bet you know someone like Penny, what a gift! Right?

 
 
 
 
 
A charming 2+minute video, QE IIhere.


 
Just because ...
 
Chestnut-breasted Mannikins


 


Smiles for Friday ...
 
   
 
 

   


 
 
  
 

                             Thanks for coming by today

 

 

2 comments:

john said...

Just masterful. Taking an idea and creating an abstraction of that idea is your forte. You are the queen of using junk mail so effectively. :-)

elenor said...

I love your lesson in manners. Simple things can make such a difference. Don't we all wish to be seen with some kindness and love?
Have a great weekend!