Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Day 3713: Beautiful Austria and TMI.

 

"Strategies": junk mail collage



Want music?




Click here: Wayne Bethanis, Bexley Bop
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 


2GN2S ... 

More beauty from Austria!



Going back from Eastern Tyrol to Upper Austria we had to cross the Alps. Only 3 ways are possible. The weather was so bright that we choose the Großglockner High Alpine Road. It is one of the most beautiful mountain pass roads in Europe. 

 It leads in 36 turns (hairpin curves)  to a height of  2504 m  (8215 ft), where the view is magnificient. You can look at several 3000 m peaks. The largest of them all is the Grossglockner, 3798 m (12 461 ft) high. It is the highest summit of the Alpine Republic. 

The Großglockner High Alpine Road is 48 kilometres (about 30 miles) long. .

We started in the South in Heiligenblut, a most lovely village.

climbing up the road seeing the peak of the Grossglockner.


shows what’s left over from the  Pasterze Glacier.

As you climb higher you find snow even in summer



going down to the north of the Alps, with hairpin curves.

If you want to take a look in real time go to

Thanks again, Elenor, blog readers like Nanci have expressed loving to see your photos of beautifulAustria!


Monday there was nothing that I had to do. So a perfect day for a sloth day as I recommended in yesterday's blog. 

I slept in, then ate a small breakfast, eggs, heirloom tomatoes and oj. I usually just have a protein drink, but it was a sloth day, so anything goes. I came into the studio, still in pj's and started on Tuesday's blog. I completed all but the smiles and artwork, when I decided to go back to bed, where I took a lovely nap. When I woke up I turned on the tv and watched game shows until I was sleepy again, so another shorter nap. The tv was still on and I got interested in some dumb thing, I can't remember what? Then I thought I heard my doorbell, but I thought it couldn't be, I never have company. Soon after I got a call. It was Grandhunk #3 asking what I was doing? I admitted nothing and still in bed. I asked what he was doing and he said he was standing outside of some kind ladies front door! I levitated off the bed, threw on a robe, and ran a comb through my hair and opened the door to see handsome GH#3! He had just worked out and stopped by to see me. The very best part of my day! We talked. I offered food, drinks or snacks, he had a protein drink. We talked and got caught up on each other. A little later we heard my phone ringing in another room, he went to get it and it was his Mom, WW who was so surprised to hear his voice! We had a three way conversation, Christmas plans were mentioned. After, we sat on the couch together and talked some more before he needed to leave. He fixed my phone so I could see where he was at any time by pressing on his photo. While he had my phone, he sent himself a text from me saying ...

A visit from this crazy kid made a sloth day into a great day!

 

 
 
 
 
A 16+minute video,Watts Towershere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
baby owls


 


Smiles for Wednesday ...
 

It's a postcard from my Grandma to her daughter, my Mom.
I love looking at her handwriting ...
from about 100 years ago. Precious.
 

 
 

 

  

  
 

                             Thanks for coming by today

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

Your grandsons are the best, Jacki! I'm so glad you had such a fun time with GH#3.
I feel honored, that you posted my poor pics. You are always so kind.
Have a good day, Jacky.

jacki long said...

Thank YOU, Elenor, for your beautiful photos, it's something we wouldn't get to see! I love it. Thanks again,and have a great day!

john said...

I love the grandson story. You are truly blessed. Love this piece, too. You know me….put some red in a piece and you got me! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. He's a fun kid. And, I don't think I ever put in red without thinking of you! ;o)