Monday, January 22, 2018

Day 2006: 4 letter words I use often ...





barn series10, photo, collage & digital













Want music?

 




Click here for Marvin Gaye, Mercy me.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









Some 4 letter words get a bad rap?
I share 2 that I love and use often.



1. Hugs





It is said (here) that humans (and I think some animals)
need a minimum of 8 hugs a day to thrive.
Hugging therapy is definitely a powerful way of healing. 
Research shows that hugging & laughter is effective at healing sickness, disease, loneliness, depression, anxiety and stress.


 I have always mentioned the above facts to my 
Grandhunks since they were tiny &  
that since I live alone I would need their help. 
And, to this very day they have been kind to hug me, a lot!
Today I got bonuses. Eight of us went to church ...
Superman, WonderWoman, 3 Grandhunks, Grandcutie & Jason.
All obliged several time, without being asked. Cool!






2. Naps





Sleeping during the day, naps, horizontal life pauses
 have become increasingly appealing & sometimes necessary. 
It is said (here) a few of the health benefits of naps:
Recharge. Naps boost alertness & improve motor performance, which is why you feel energized after taking one ... Zap Stress. 
Regular, short naps can help lower tension, which decreases your risk of heart disease ... Boost Your Mood. 




But I find there are varying effects to nap lengths.



 
My Grandpa, 
was a farmer and a 
6'6" giant to my memory.
He worked long hours 
 working his farm acreage.
Early morning to noon, 
when he came home 
for a hearty lunch.
I remember 
the family mentioning that 
after lunch he sat in his rocker 
and took a 20 minute nap.
Re-energized, he returned
to the fields and 
worked till supper time.
Short naps are now called ...
power naps.
And, then there is 
the longer, 
no limit monster naps ...










Okay, tell me what you think? Do you nap? 
If so, how long? Are you more productive after?
Or, send me a virtual hug by letting me know 
what's going on in "your neck of the woods"?












A smile for Monday ...












No comments: