Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Day 1987: I predict a great future.





Lily: junk mail angel #17, collage & acrylic



Crazy junk mail angels ...

And a quick step-by-step of today's #17.



1
2
























3
4


























Artist/friend Marilyn from Arizona asked if I use 
a ruler for straight edges? 


  

Yes, I use a little 6" ruler for straight edges & a cheap plastic kid's protractor, french curve, curly cue thing for some curves. I rarely use scissors, unless I have no choice in tight spaces.  
Thanks for asking Marilyn.♥



5
6









































Want music?

 




Click here for  Gladys Knight & the Pips, Midnight train to Georgia.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








One of the benefits of teaching for a hundred years ...
is former students sometimes ask me to go to lunch & visit!
Today was one of those days. Carolyn is a former student ...

Carolyn:  age 11 left, age 14 right (& Chris Bright)

Carolyn after Jr. Marathon 1997
Costa Mesa Dojo @ Demura Sensei's Kamgeiko 2000, Carolyn, 3rd from right


Later in 2012, all grown up, a college graduate, 
world traveler with a State Department job -
Carolyn wanted me to meet her fiance, Nate.
That happened (here) & I approved, big time!





I hadn't seen them in almost three years, when I attended 
their beautiful destination wedding is Paso Robles, see here.

Carolyn now has graduate school completed, busy world travels,
marriage, a new home, and a very high-powered job.
Nate runs their growing business District Spices, here
Nate invented & handcrafted 20 spice blends that are vegan, 
non-GMO and contain no salt, anti-caking agents, gluten, 
soy, fillers, or preservatives, to bring bold and unique flavors 
to your dining table.




Carolyn & her husband Nate were in from Washington DC
for the holidays. Nate caught a cold, but Carolyn invited me 
to lunch at Zov's, my favorite!








Okay, I know I forgot to take pictures of my Angel Hair Pasta,
and Carolyn's Angel Hair Pasta with shrimp, I was busy.
But trust me, it was terrific 
  




How about the honey for my tea? Will that do?






I enjoyed every minute of catching up with Carolyn.
What a treat to see this accomplished young lady,
successful & tackling the world. I predict a great future.
And ... I have a great track record on these things!






From Day #1985: Hello 2018! You were asked to pick 
your favorite old-time New Years artwork.
The winning vote was # 11, 


 
which won over #7 by one vote.



Thank so much for playing!
And another "Happy New Year!"








A smile for Wednesday ...












No comments: