Saturday, April 20, 2024

Day 4255: Collage Therapy, GH#2 Date Night.

 

 

"Uncertainty": junk mail collage



  


Want music?

 

    

Click : Chaka Khan, Ain't Nobody

 


  

 

 
2GN2S


Collage comfort?


Yes! For me.
To sort through junk mail and all kinds of paper ...

an unending source 


to tear, arrange, and play ...


magazine, junk mail & scraps


is a peaceful ... 
cheap form of therapy.
Hope you have a great weekend!






Grandhunk #2, Jake, called yesterday to see if we could go to dinner Friday evening? Of course! He came over about 6 pm and we went to ...

3935 Portola Pkwy Ste 3935, Irvine, CA 92602 - (657) 660-5304https://www.yoshiharuramen.com/irvine


Jake had Tonkatsu Spicy Black

I has Chashu Fried Rice

We talk a lot about his new job which requires a lot of study. He has passes a lot of test and has just one. more test soon. Jake mentioned that he might buy a briefcase. I said no, and went to the closet and brought out a brand new-looking unused briefcase. I was thrilled to give it away instead of donating.He helped me with my computer. (Google and it's double identification has been driving me nuts!)

Then we went in and looked through my jewelry. Jake wanted a tie pin and I was pretty sure I had one, actually I had five. But we looked through so much stuff and he tried on ...

Hawaiian drop earrings

And laughed so much, I took this great shot!

a tiny pair of folding glasses that rest on the nose.

My Dad's, his great grandfather's Ray Ban's

Some really old glasses that we liked on him.

We laughed a lot and when he saw something he liked, I said take it! He took my Dad's Ray Ban's for GH#3, Zack. Zack loves old stuff. Jake found a silver ring that Uncle Les made decades ago and he wore it home. I have so much to find a home for.



 
 
 
 

  
 
A 7  minute video, Soft Rain, here
 
 
 
  
Just because ...
 
 
Reddish Egret

 


 

Saturday's Smiles ... 

 





















 

 
 
 
 




 



10 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

Loved the Jimmy Carter quote. Your grand hunks are the best. So glad they appreciate the totally great grandmother they have.

Lynn said...

Great date with Jake! So much fun!!!!

elenor said...

Love to see your pile of papers and how you used them for your great collage.
You took such nice pics of your wonderful grandson. Thanks for sharing.
Jacki, have a great Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Such great young men your grandhunks are!! Warms my heart to see the time spent with loved ones ❤️
Sincerely, Paula

jacki long said...

Thank you so much, Carrol. It always amazes me how different kids from the same parents can be, but these three all have such a good heart. Their parents did a good job, we are so blessed.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Lynn. Yes, guaratteed laughter and fun. So blessed. Have a great weekend.

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor, wishing you a special weekend!

jacki long said...

Thank you Paula, so good to hear from you. Yes, the Grandhunks have really good hearts.

john said...

I love how you broke up the piece with diagonal pieces of junk mail. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks for your comment, your opinion is special to me. ;o)