Sunday, April 7, 2024

Day 4242: Expo Chicago and Heavy Load.

 

   

"Memories": Citrosol, inks, collage




  

Want music?

 

    

Click : Shaun Mendez, Lost in Japan

 


  

 

 
2GN2S


EXPO CHICAGO 2024





CHICAGO returns to Navy Pier from April 11 to 14 with hundreds of galleries, site-specific projects, talks, and satellite programming across the city. Numerous galleries, museums, artists, and curators are partnering for EXPO ART WEEK, starts April 8.

Jacqueline Surdell, “Impression, Nightscape, Clark St Bridge” (2024), nylon cord and steel


Gio Swaby, “Together We Bloom 4” (2024), fabric and thread


Antonius Tin-Bui, “Solo of Raven” (2021), hand-cut paper and paint, 109 x 60 inches 



Linda Nguyen Lopez, from ‘Dust Bunnies’


Delita Martin, “Rain Falls From The Lemon Tree” (2020), acrylic, charcoal, decorative papers, hand stitching


To see and read more, click here.




 

 

Good friend, Elenor, in Austria commented that the last smile in yesterday's blog, here, made her think.



I have a little daily message booklet, given to me by dear cousin, Nancy about twenty plus years ago. It is raggedy but still in daily use.


 

This morning, my daily message said,

"Your ship is equal to the load of today, but when you are carrying yesterday's worry and tomorrow's anxiety, you must lighten your load or you will sink."




 
 
 
 

  
 
A 5 minute sweet video, Swallow Rescue here
Thank you, Irene Rafael
 
 
 
  

Just because ...
 
 
hyacinth macau




Sunday's Smiles ...  

 






   






  
   
   


 
 

 


  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




 

 

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

Thanks, Jacki to add another great quote to yesterday's quote. It's really a good reminder.
But I also love today's Sunday's smiles. The first ones are fun and the last two ones remind us to be grateful and full of hope. I was thinking about something I was doing last month. As always in spring I felt I should sew some herbs and flowers. They were now large enough to give them larger pots. I think doing this was an act of hope and confidence. I was happy when I realized this. Isn't this exactly the same Sister Corita Kent tells?

jacki long said...

Yes indeed! I think too many of us do the work without appreciating that we ca do the work? Have a lovely new week, dear Elenor and Thank you!

john said...

I was wondering if you had used citrosolv papers. Lovely. :-)

jacki long said...

Yes, I still have some citrosolv papers from when I was teaching. Enough to last me I think. It's messy to make??