Friday, July 14, 2023

Day 3987: Amor Towles and Prime.


"Resilient": junk mail, digital.


                                         

Want music?

                                            
 

Click here: Bruno Mars, Love Train.

 click back on this blog here to listen while you browse, or not?

 

2GN2S ...

"Writing is one of the only ways to outlive yourself. People still read books from hundreds or even thousands of years ago. The author's physical life ended long ago, but their mental life remains alive and meaningful even today."                 JamesClear.com

I haven't been writing lately except my silly blog. But I do read as much as I can, and it does seem to me that my life does go smoother when I have a book in progress. I have just finished ...

The first book by Amor Towles, so now I have read all three. He is a really fine writer. I lent Valerie this, his third book ...

and when she returned, she said "phew, that was exhausting" That's because the writer takes you  on an adventure with the characters! He writes beautiful character images. My favorite of his books is his second ...

700+  pages and I wouldn't delete a word. But if you want a great little summer read, you might try ...

 
I think I smiled all the way through. TMI?
 

 


 Prime launched in January 2022 and is a joint creation between influencers (and former boxing rivals) Logan Paul from the US and Olajide “KSI” Olatunji, who is from the United Kingdom. They have amassed tens of millions of followers on Instagram, YouTube and TikTok and capitalized on their influence to create a line of drinks that have become an instant success and disrupted the energy drink category. Prime is billed as a “better for you lifestyle beverage that people could enjoy on any occasion.” It also hoped to eschew the “sports drink” label despite being one, 

A year later, Prime expanded its lineup to launch an ultra-caffeinated (and controversial) version called Energy. A 12-ounce can contains 200 milligrams of caffeine, which contains six times more caffeine than a can of Coca-Cola. A 12-pack costs $29.99 and is sold at retailers including Walmart, CVS and Target.

(I really want more energy, but I will be skipping both products, just sayin')



 
 
A fun 6 minute video,  Somethingshere.


 
Just because ...
 
White-collared Manakin (Manacus candei)



 


Friday's Smiles ...
  








                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 

 

 
 


6 comments:

elenor said...

I love this collage, Jacki! I'm sure you know why.

First I read yesterday's blog. Your Aunt Vonda story was great. Such a nice photo of Aunt Vonda in her Kitchen with this lovely wallpaper.

Hav a nice weekend, Jacki!

Carrol Wolf said...

Hi Jacki,

Gentleman from Moscow was an absolute favorite of mine. I don't really have much time to read with childcare, art, 80 year old toddler, etc. But that book was special and I remember it well. I did recently read a very good book on my vacation: "Horse' by Geraldine Brooks. I'll be certain to get his new book.

john said...

I love the golden yellows in this piece. Yellow has not been a color I liked much until later in life and now with the mustards and golden yellows i am a favorite.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor, I always appreciate your comment.

jacki long said...

Thanks Carole, Thanks I will try "Horse" in the future.

jacki long said...

Thanks John, I have never been a yellow fan, but have recently appreciated what it can do for a needy piece. I am laaso liking hgreen now.