Thursday, July 13, 2023

Day 3986: Kitchen and TBT.


"No Compromise": junk mail collage    

 

                                          

Want music?

                                            
 

Click here: Daniel Caesar, We Find Love.

 click back on this blog here to listen while you browse, or not?

 

2GN2S ...

I am eternally grateful to my Mother's two sisters who changed my life, almost everything came from their generosity and love. I mention this because I have an Aunt Vonda story for you today, but there are many Aunt Martha stories to come also.

Aunt Vonda in her kitchen with the ivy wallpaper.

Aunt Vonda loved birds, so in preparing today's blog I remembered this little story. Aunt Vonda always had a real canary in the kitchen. His name was always Bing. Aunt  Vonda was a wonderful cook, as were all the five sisters, and loved that Bing filled her kitchen and house with song. She would often say, "Bing sings to beat the band!" When a bird is in my yard, I think it's Aunt Vonda visiting. I do.

 


                Throwback Thursday ...

 

Demura Sensei's Costa Mesa Dojo Jr. Team
AAU Jr. National Championships.
Pittsburgh, PA  1984 
 
 Front:Taro Miyazawa, Kaiana Oliver, Josh Taylor, Colin Morris Middle: David Walter, Kekai Oliver Cheryl Suzuki, Kristie Koch, Erin Long, Jim Koch. Back row: Kevin Suzuki, Jey Hildbrand, Nanette Taylor, Greg Suzuki, Lisa Suzuki, Hernan Ricaurte.

 


 
 
A 2+ minute video, bird songs, here.
.


 
Just because ...
  

Sage Grouse (male)


 


Thursday's Smiles ...
 

 
 



                             Thanks for coming by today ...




2 comments:

john said...

In a way this is a patchwork and that is why I like it.

jacki long said...

Thanks John, I have often thought of collage as quilting. There are surely some gorgeous quilts and fiber art out there.