Friday, July 29, 2022

Day 3631: Lovely Wednesday



"Broken Promises": junk mail collage, digital.




Want music?




Click here: Roberta Flack, That's the Time ...
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S ...

Depending on how well you know me, or how long you have followed this silly blog, you may know that I love sumo! Not just like it, love it! So today I found some sumo, sort of, in a blog I follow:

  
José Naranja, Madrid, Spain.
"I like Asia a lot. I also like to take photos and travel.  Especially traveling to Asia. Asia is great.
Before I filled notebooks and now I also make them. I guess I’m a notebookmaker, an amazing dedication which touches many different creative fields.
I post regularly on my Instagram" :account: @jose_naranja 
 
28/07/2022    Some huge things found recently
 


"My new idol is Terunofuji. A Yokozuna. How should I start? Is there any other Yokozuna by here to guide me? I've started to eat mango sticky rice if that helps to increase my weight x2."




* I enjoy his pages, and his skillful journals in general. If this leaves you wanting more sumo...

 the Nagoya basho (15 day tournament) just finished this past week and now I wait until September for the next basho in Tokyo.

While Teronofuji is a Yokozuna and has won many basho, he was beaten this month by Ichinojo.

Teronofuji

Ichinojo

TMI ??



 Update ...

Wednesday, Valerie and I met at Baja Tacos for lunch, where we ate outside in a lovely breeze, near a blooming crepe myrtle where we talked and ate.

We went to the beautiful Brea Gallery for their current show,  

Pure, Unadulterated Joy

on view from July 23rd - September 16th, 2022


 I only took photos of just a few artists ...

 
 

     This work took up a whole wall, I meant to get the artist and size, but ...

 

3D glasses were provided to "take a second look"


which gave this result ...




An artist, Daniel "Attaboy" Seifert, made Life Form Installation V.2  which was acrylic on up-cycled cardboard and watercolor paper, $10,000
 

An artist, Sarah Stieber, did several acrylic pieces on canvas, one was called Rest and Revolution, $10,400
 

But, maybe out favorite was an interactive wall, where we were invited to ...
 

A very long panel of Mylar was provided, along with paint markers.
 
Valerie's advice to the world ... she really is that sweet!

 A really lovely Wednesday afternoon. Thanks Val!
 

 
 
 
A terrific 2+minute video, Cowboy lasooeshere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Red-Crested Cardinal.jpg

 
 


Smiles for Friday ...
 
 

 
 


 
 



 

 
 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today

 


4 comments:

john said...

Great job with the patterning to give texture. Color choices are perfect. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. I am trying to use colors out of my comfort range. I can't very well use my favorite orange and reds.

elenor said...

Jacki, I enjoy to see so much art. First yours, brilliant again, and then your pics from the Brea Gallery. I'm glad you spent such a lovely time with your friend. That gives so much inspiration for the next days, doesn't it?
Have a great weekend, Jacki!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Yes, I think you are right, being in a gallery with a good friend does inspire the following days. Have a great weekend!