Saturday, July 9, 2022

Day 3611: Rescue.

 

"Discord": junk mail collage

 


Want music?




Click here : Maze, Happy Feelings.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S ...

Mississippi teen hailed as hero after helping rescue 3 girls, officer from river

A 16-year-old boy is being hailed as a hero after he helped rescue four people when a car drove off a boat launch and into a Mississippi river.

The incident happened Sunday at around 2:30 a.m., when the car, which had three teenage girls inside, drove into the Pascagoula River in Moss Point, floated about 20 feet away from shore and started sinking, the Moss Point Police Department said in a statement. "The driver of that vehicle stated she was following her GPS and did not realize she was going into the water," police said.

A teenager helped rescue three people whose car drove off a boat launch into the Pascagoula River, as well as a police officer who responded to the scene, on July 3, 2022, in Moss Point, Miss.
 

Corion Evans, 16, said he immediately ran over, took off his shoes and shirt and went into the water when he saw the car sinking and heard the three occupants shouting for help.

"I was just like, 'I can't let none of these folks die. They need to get out the water,'" Evans, a Pascagoula High School student, told Biloxi, Mississippi, ABC affiliate WLOX. "So, I just started getting them. I wasn't even thinking about nothing else."

When Mercer started struggling in the water, Evans helped rescue him, too. "I turned around. I see the police officer. He's drowning. He's going underwater, drowning, saying, 'Help!'" Evans told WLOX. "So, I went over there. I went and I grabbed the police officer and I'm like swimming him back until I feel myself I can walk."

The officer and three teens were taken to the hospital following the incident and were recovering, WLOX reported.

"The police department and I commend Mr. Evans's bravery and selflessness he displayed by risking his own safety to help people in danger," Moss Point Chief Brandon Ashley said in a statement. "If Mr. Evans had not assisted, it could have possibly turned out tragically instead of all occupants rescued safely." 

Evans' mother expressed relief and spoke proudly of her son in the wake of the rescue. Evans told WLOX he has been swimming since he was 3 years old and didn't hesitate to jump in the river. 
 


 

Update ...

I had a planned lunch that got cancelled so I ate a salad and drank a  RockStar energy drink. 
 

Yes, I know they are not good for me, but I wanted to be a rock star and get something done. And I did. I sat in the studio and did little junk mail collages. Going on the theory that it is the process that counts, not the results. It is a little bit of a messy process, sticky fingers etc, but I did it.
 

I have enough collage papers and junk mail to supply the State of California, and I must use it or trash it?  Want some?
 
 
When I cleaned up just a while ago, I did toss a lot, but as you can see there are so many pieces that are just perfect for the next time?

Above was the first one & I hadn't planned to take a photo or share on my silly blog, but I liked it?
 

So when I was working on this second one above, I decided to take a photo in progress ...
 
 
Above is the final. but you may like the halfway ?
 Sometimes I just keep playing and go past finished? That's the great thing about digital, you can back up and save the better version?


Above is the third and  finished collage. I had trouble at first and was so busy trying to work it out that I forgot to take a halfway. I do like this.


Above is the fourth, earlier than halfway. I never have a plan. I just play with the pieces till it looks good to me?
This one looks wonky, because of the angle it is photographed. A little busy, but?


Above is the fifth one, also before halfway. The black is my mark-making marker on tissue paper.

Another wonky angle.

A good afternoon's work, 
I may need more Rock Star?

 
 
 
A great 4+minute video, woman by artisthere.


 
Just because ...
 
Black-throated Bushtit

 
 


Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 
 


 

 




 

  
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today

 

2 comments:

john said...

Any time you work with red you capture my attention. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. This one was fun.