Sunday, July 3, 2022

Day 3605: Double date.

 

 

"Threats": junk mail collage



Want music?




Click here:  Charlie Puth, One Call Away.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S ...

Britain’s Jodie Burrage comes to aid of an ball boy, during first round Wimbledon match.

 
The boy appeared to be faint and couldn't talk, and when he sat down on the court, Burrage rushed over and offered him some water and some of her energy gels. Someone in the crowd even handed her a packet of Percy Pigs -- a brand of British gummies -- to give to the boy. Once he had some sugar, hydration and medical attention, he was feeling much better.

 
I watch a lot of tennis and Wimbledon, but it is usually all about the players and their skills. Like yesterday, here. So isn't it lovely to see a player go out of their bubble to help another?
 
 “He was not in a good spot and I just tried to help as much as possible,” she said. “I actually had a panic attack once in juniors here, so I’ve been where he is. I kind of know a little bit how he was feeling.”

 


 

Update ...

Sometime I wonder how I am so lucky. Today I had lunch with Grandhunk #3, and he brought ...

and we ate and watched one of his favorite programs on Netflix, Kim's Convenience. He stayed till two, then had to leave to get ready for his job. He took our photo outside ...
 

After Grandhunk #2 got off work at 5 pm, he came to pick me up and we went to ...

 
I brought home a lot of delicious food for later, and we had great conversations. I love being with them and feel so lucky that they still find time in their busy schedules. I call it a double date!
 
 
Blessed indeed.
 

 
 
 
A cute1-minute video, sloth babieshere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Grey Crowned Crane



 


Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 








 

 




   
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today

 

 

4 comments:

john said...

I love to think about your titles when looking at your work. What was Jacki thinking when she worked and how does the title relate to the work? :-)

elenor said...

So lovely to see you together with your grandsons. Yes, you are lucky but you know that and appreciate it. And your grandsons are lucky to have you as their grandmother.
Wishing you a good start into the next week.

jacki long said...

Thank you , John! I am afraid mt titles don't always match the artwork? I stopped using the artwork title as the top of the blog, as it seemed a downer?

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor! We are celebrating America's Independence tomorrow, July 4th. Many celebrate with fireworks, and most celebrate with family, picnics, barbecues etc. It is a 3 day weekend. Wishing you a great weel too!