Monday, July 4, 2022

Day 3606: Happy 4th!

 

 

"Struggle": ink drawing,junk mail collage




Want music?




Click here:Yo-Yo Ma, Bach:Suite No.1 in G Major
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 

 

2GN2S ...

This is going to be strange, but bare with me, there's a laugh at the end. You may have heard the term, Death by Cop, or more correctly, Suicide by Cop, is every policeman's fear. It is a form of suicide, where an individual, bent on killing himself, forces police to use deadly force.

My story is about Suicide by Car, and involves a squirrel. This morning as I was driving through a nearby residential neighborhood, a squirrel jumped out into the road. 

 
The unusual part was that he laid down right on the street and looked at me. I of course swerved to miss him. I looked back through my rear view mirror and he was still laying there, but looking my direction, as if wondering how I could miss? 

Death by car.
 


Update ...

After the squirrel incident, I was on my way to ...
 
17440 17th St # A, Tustin, CA 92780

to meet a friend and her two sons who were former students years ago. I had looked forward to seeing them. The eldest son lives in Seattle and the rest of the family will be moving.  
 
I am not showing them, but I did have each take a picture of their food that Zov's is famous for. Some of you seem to be foodies and enjoy seeing the foods?
Short Rib Hash

 Kebob two ways
 
Angel Hair Pasta with pine nuts

 
Blueberry Pancakes with Bacon

It was wonderful to enjoy a great meal, but even better to catch up on their busy lives and plans.
Again, feeling very blessed.


 
 
 
A 3+minute video, America the Beautifulhere.

 

 
Just because ...
 
Boat-billed Heron


 


Smiles for Monday ...
 

 



 



 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today


4 comments:

john said...

Just plain strong. Love the black outline of the blue flower. :-)

elenor said...

Happy 4th, Jacki! This celebration is a good start into this new week.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John.Hope you are haing a great 4th!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. My celebration has been the whole great week leading up to today, today will be a quiet one for me, by choice. Have a wonderful week!