Saturday, April 24, 2021

Day 3168: Surprise!


 

"boy": marker drawing, junk mail collage.

 



Want music?




Click here for Tom Misch, I Love the Way ...
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update

 Hello out there! How are y'all doin6h Day#3168, after Day#3167 was for April 6th. 

My Mac-Pro laptop had some issues, So my dear friend, Carole, drove me to the beautiful Apple store at the Irvine Spectrum. It required sending it in for repair, so I dropped it off 4/21, got an e-mail yesterday, 4/22 that it was repaired in Memphis, TN and mailed to me. I got it today 4/23 at 12:20 pm, and am a happy camper. When I talked to Apple Care, they said I could check my laptop camera by opening Facetime. So I did awhile ago and practically scared myself to death! Glasses because I can't put in my contacts with my left hand, makeup is a long-lost art, my hair is on strike, but I am getting better. I am typing this with both hands! I still wear the bulky sling, and at bedtime an even bulkier sling with foam between body and arm. I can't tell you the number of things I have knocked over with this awkward appendage. Three weeks from next Monday, I can drive! 

 


A post-note: My surgery was April 5th with a full shoulder replacement, but I have still have had no pain. I heard all the horror stories, so I was prepared to deal with it. And, so I thank so many of you that sent kind words, prayers, and healing wishes, because it must have worked?



 WonderWoman has been great and spent one night, but visits often with food and checks often. She e-mailed Dr. Sodl and said that based on my no pain status, she was giving her okay for the upcoming left shoulder surgery, sometime late summer.  

 


 


 

 


•  A touching 3-minute video, my dog does, here.
•  A terrific 6-minute video, star dancing , here.
•  A lovely, 9-minute video, Bach, here.


  
 
Just because ...
 

Fairy Wren




  
                         

Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 


 
 






                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

19 comments:

Irene Rafael said...

It’s the best of news that you have had no pain, Jacki! And you are back to your beloved blog. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘You even managed to do a collage. Boy is sweet and I love the fairy wrens. Nice to see you❤️

Irene Rafael said...

It’s the best of news that you have had no pain, Jacki! And you are back to your beloved blog. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘You even managed to do a collage. Boy is sweet and I love the fairy wrens. Nice to see you❤️

Irene Rafael said...

It’s the best of news that you have had no pain, Jacki! And you are back to your beloved blog. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘You even managed to do a collage. Boy is sweet and I love the fairy wrens. Nice to see you❤️

john said...

So glad you are on the mend and back blogging. Such good news about your shoulder, amazing actually! Love Boy! :-)

Bea said...

All good news! So glad you are back...

elenor said...

So happy you are back again, Jacki! I thought of you every day hoping you will recover soon. It's so great doctors could give you a new shoulder. Wishing you all the best. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Carol said...

I am thrilled to read that you are recovering so well and that the surgery was a success! NO PAIN? WOW,THAT IS WONDERFUL! Your "BOY" collage is really cool. I am loving the colors and the cute expression on his face. The music video was truly, "THE BEST". You CANNOT beat the love of a dog! I am thankful you were able to get your laptop fixed in a timely manner and especially thankful you are back and feeling good! Just imagine what you will be able to do with TWO GOOD SHOULDERS! Please take care. AZ Carol

Julie said...

So happy to hear you are doing ok!

SlocombesOut&About said...

Hang in there Jacki. You're doing great. No pain is good even though it's awkward as hell dealing with the recovery. Also fabulous response from Apple re repairs.

Mary McKay Schaffer said...

You're the best. We love you. Don't go away again.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Irene. I love hearing from you. It feels good to be doing something, I am not so patient.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. I am glad to be back and hearing from you.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Bea, you are so kind.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor! I have used your beautiful photo in tomorrow's blog, thank you again.

jacki long said...

Thank you, AZ Carol, so lovely to hear from you. Yes, I am lucky no pain. I am doing PT exercises which help. It feels good to be back, I was stir-crazy.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Julie. I just read your blog and commented. Glad all is well.

jacki long said...

Thanks Denise, so good to hear from you. I saw that you are on your way home to WA, but enjoying side trips? Take care and be safe. Yes, Apple Care was great!

jacki long said...

Dear Unknown, thank you! Your kind words help me more than you know. Next time, give me a hint, so I know who I am thanking? Thanks again!

Betty Cotton said...

Jackie - so pleased and happy to receive your good news and be enjoying your amazing Blog filled with news, art, good thoughts and funnies! Your resolve to "carry on" is marvelous! Be faithful and determined with the patient therapy that follows....it will be the key to your future surgical success! Big hug!