Friday, April 2, 2021

Day 3163: Saw Demura Sensei today.

 

 

"Ned's moods": ink-brush drawing, collage, acrylic & digital

 



Want music?




Click here for Doobie Brothers, What A Fool Believes.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

 2GN2S

Monday I got at rare text from Demura Sensei. It said ...


So today I drove over to the honbu dojo ...

 

848 N Parton St, Santa Ana CA 92701


I parked in back, and went in during day class.

 It was the first time back and everyone wore masks. 


Bob Cherone, instructor.

Demura Sensei

Demura Sensei said he was tired, but he worked on his great calligraphy while I was there.


Empathy
 

It was so good to see Sensei, be in the dojo and have karate-ka training again. It's progress.

 

 

 
 


•  A great 2-1/2 minute video, donuts, here.
•  A  relaxing 2 hour video, squid aquarium, here.
•  A cute 4-minute video, Breaking Ground, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
Golden Palm Weaver




  
                         

Smiles for Friday ...
 
 





 

 

 
 



 












                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

I love the smile of Ned. Both, mouth and eyes are smiling. What could she be thinking of?
How wonderful is Demura Sensei's calligraphy. I'm sure you enjoyed seeing him and being in the honbu dojo. So many good memories ....
Did you have your last tests today? Only 2 days left and a new shoulder will be yours.
Happy weekend, dear Jacki.
We will meet tomorrow with family. I'm so looking forward to seeing them all. It will be a great day, I'm sure.

john said...

Wow! Now this is really different and I like it! It is kind of like a patchwork portrait in a way. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Yes, I had my required pre-op Covid test today and am now quarantined till Monday when I check-in at the hospital at 6 am. I am hoping you have a wonderful day with your family. Treasured time indeed.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. I like this one a lot, and he's a guy!