Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Day 3014: Evacuated and back home, all in a day!

 

 
 

Oceanside: Old photo, collage & digital.

 



Want music?




Click here for  Smokey Robinson, Daryl Hall, Sara Smile.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update:

Silverado Canyon Fire Spreads to 7,200 Acres, Mandatory Evacuation in Irvine as Firefighters Battle High Winds


Evacuated and back home, all in a day! 

I woke up at 8:15, put on the local news, and noticed the wind outside. There was a fire about three miles away.  It was on the other side of the 241 freeway, but California fires can jump! I got an alert from the fire department with an mandatory evacuation order for nearby, but not our side of the freeway. I took trash out, like a normal Monday and while doing my dishes and noticed the fireman who live across from me was making trips loading both card. Hmmm. Our winds were 80 mph and got up to 100 in a few areas. My patio umbrella is now horizontal. GH#1 offered to put right it, but we decided to wait out the wind. I started packing up, WW said "come on over." Easier said than done.    I have done this once before, about five years ago, and remember thinking I should make a list. I left at 1pm and had lunch with WW

House on the Hill
and GH#1 at the house on the hill. Spent time with Granddogs. WW took some photos for me to use for today's blog. Laker even allowed some photos, Zoey loves to play Sister Zoey. She is a girl after all.

Sister Zoey



 When I got to the WW &SM's I took a picture of the sun, and then

 


towards my house from the house on the hill. Air quality - yucky!


Meanwhile there was a fire in Yorba Linda on the other side of the 91 freeway. WW took a photo of the Fire Super Tanker fueling at

the nearby Resevoir. I am home now, the air outside is smoky but inside is good, and  I am blessed to be home safe.


Just in, a 10 pm view towards Yorba Linda from Anaheim Hills. Prayers for the firefighters and residents in harms way.

 


 
 
 Just because ...

                                   

American Goldfinch.



 
                        

Smiles for Tuesday ...
(A big Thank You to Associate Editor, Carrol Wolf)
 
 

 

 














                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 


6 comments:

john said...

I was wondering about you. Glad you are OK. The fire photo is scary and way too close to the community. Love the latest Oceanside. :-)

elenor said...

Today we already spoke about the fires in California but I never thought a fire would be near your home. I'm so glad to hear you are safe, dear Jacki! I so hope the situation will be better very soon. Please take care!

Julie said...

I'm glad to hear you are safe!

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. Yesterday was a long one and I have slept a lot today.
I thought you might like Oceanside, I am glad you do.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor! I know we Californians must seem crazy to live where the fires and earthquakes are a reality. I think we must be? I am so grateful to be home and safe but there are many still out there fighting the fires.
My prayers are with them.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Julie.