Saturday, October 3, 2020

Day 2990: Really?

 

 

 

"Really?": ink brush drawing, watercolor and collage.
 




Want music?




Click here for  Buffy Sainte-Marie, Until It's Time for You To Go.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?




Friday I met beautiful Carrol Wolf for lunch at  Zov's ...
 

 

Zov's Patio ceiling





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We had planned to meet at 11:30 and were both evidently on time, 
but Carrol was of the Cafe terrace in back, and I was on the front patio. A pretty young girl in a mask, came up to me smiling, and I struggled to remember if she was a former student? She asked if I was jacki, I said yes. She said "Your friend Carrol is waiting for you on the back terrace, with champagne." I said, "that sounds like Carrol."
 

Sure enough, there was a tiny bottle of Mumm's Champagne 
for us to split in the waiting flutes. Carrol really knows how to live.
She selected (my favorite) Angel hair pasta which is famous.
I had the Mediterranean salad with chicken. Also good.
We solved all the worlds problems and talked grandchildren.
Before leaving, we both passed on dessert, but...
 








 

 

 
 

 

 

 

gelato


I did go in to take photos to prove our self-discipline.
Aren't you impressed?

 
        
         
  
2GN2S ...
 
After lunch I got into my little "squirrel-powered" Honda hybrid ...
                                             

106' that went down to and stayed at 102' by the time I got home.



                                                 
 
 
Just because ...


Blue-footed Booby


 



Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 

















                                                                   


                                                                                    


 


                                                                         Thanks for coming by.


4 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

OMG: It's a good thing I didn't go into where those pastries were. I would have purchased 10 more pounds.

Next time I may have to break my resolve and do just that.

My car said 108, so I was obviously on the hot side. But when I got back to HB it was way cooler: not cool, but it's all relative.

Loved the first graphic. Aren't you ever tempted to replicate them in paint?

Have a great weekend my friend.

jacki long said...

Thank you, dear Carrol, it was a great time, I look forward to next time too!

john said...

She looks like she could be Pippi Longstockings. Just great. Aren’t you so glad you have art? I know I am. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. Yes, I am glad, but I have not been as proficient with it as you are. Mostly, I crush one out late at night before the blog posts. And, I have extensive files of old work to use when I run out of time.