Sunday, October 25, 2020

Day 3012: Watch Out For Snakes!

 

 

"Maryann": ink brush drawing on acrylic with collage.

 

 

 

 Whenever I use acrylics, I use the leftover acrylic on all kinds of paper. With no ides what I will use them for later on. Here is a sample.

 


 Tonight I decided to try an ink brush drawing on it.

 


 My first ink-brush was dry, but still usable to start.

 


I used torn pieces of heavier paper, leaving the torn edges to show. I like what it adds. I might have added collage to the face area, or background area, but not tonight.


I cropped this one, as the hair seemed the weakest part? And the same for the lead art face at top.  Total time, 40 minutes. I could have played with it digitally, and still might another time. Thanks for looking.

 



Want music?




Click here for  Ed Sheeran, Perfect.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 

 

Strange but true: Last week Ann and I met for lunch at 


but on the pathway into the restaurant ...

There was an actual sign that had my head swiveling as if on a stick.


My question to you, would the sign have deterred you from going in? It didn't stop us, as they have good food. We plan on going again next week. Snakes beware.


 
 


 
•  A surprising 5-minute video, Jacob Koopman, here.
•  A feel-good 4-1/2 minute video, train-ride, here.
•  A knock-out 4-1/2 minute video, serenade, here.



Just because ...


Black-capped Chickdee


 
                        

Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 















                                                               Thanks for visiting today.

 

 

7 comments:

Betty Cotton said...

Hi Jackie - Always such fun to go thru you Blog and enjoy all your surprises! Bring me smiles!!!
Thanks for giving us a step tutoring on MaryAnn! You make it look so easy! I love all the resources you have to deliver so many fun, cute and meaningful messages for us.

So...looks like our cooler weather is on its way...and I love it! Like the cozy weather! Stay well and big hello and hug!

elenor said...

Maryann is wonderful. She looks so happy and nice. Thanks for showing how you made it.
I also like the idea of using up leftover paint for collage papers. I never had thought of that - but it's never too late to learn something new, isn't it?
The fog didn't lift today in my area - thinking that the sun is shining in the rest of the country is not so fun. But nevertheless I made myself a fine day.
Stay safe, dear Jacki!

john said...

I love it when you do the steps. When I first looked at your latest piece I thought Greek.....you know like on the vases. Then I saw the steps. Not Greek but no matter. Just fun to figure out what you did. :-). as far as snakes are concerned. No thank you very much. I do not want to watch for them. Drop me close to the door. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you so much, Betty! I started doing the ten smiles at the beginning of the pandemic, trying to lift some spirits. I used to do one smile at the end of the blog. There seems to be an unending supply of pandemic jokes, plus I add in some old favorites sometimes.

I hope you are all well, I know you are busy. Please take good care. And, thanks again for your oh so welcome comment.

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor, I so appreciate your comments and support.

Yes, you will love making your own collage papers, even scraps, receipts, old addresses, the print underneath the acrylics make for great interest. Also, it's a way of getting the colors you prefer.

We are into cooler weather in the last 2 days with gray skies. Today is 69 and feels so nice. We often have heat even for Christmas Day.

Take good care, dear one!

jacki long said...

Thanks John, and I agree no snakes needed.

Julie said...

I really enjoy your step-by step! I'm inspired to make some art.
Thanks for visiting my blog as well.