Friday, September 7, 2018

Day 2234: Do you remember the kids table?






dog: tissue, junkmail & marker on canvas.









Want music?

 




Click here for Chet Baker, Paul Desmond, Autumn Leaves.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?







As some of you know, I work for ...


and being the good-hearted business that they are, 
they often often art events, opportunities and more.




OPEN CALL: CISCO AND FRIENDS

DEADLINE TO ENTER: SEPTEMBER 12, 2018
NOTIFICATION BY: SEPTEMBER 14, 2018
OPENING RECEPTION: SEPTEMBER 22 -- 4PM - 7PM
Submit up to three artworks by September 12th to catalyst@artsupplywarehouse.com. Include size, medium, title, price for each submission inspired by humans best friend (animals). Notification of accepted work by September 14th. Accepted works must be dropped off between September 15th - September 19th. Each accepted artwork must be ready to hang with picture wire at least 2.5" below the top of the artwork. Show will be on display September 22 - October 27. A precentage of the proceeds will be donated to the non-profit Barks of Love. Juried by Cisco and his friends.
For more information about events at visit Catalyst  here today!
 
. . . . .


 I e-mailed this to my students, who replied are you entering?
I hadn't planned on it, but now I will try to do 3 dogs
by September 12th. That's 6 days folks.
I am going to star one now at 8:50 pm, 
and hopefully use it for today's art.
Cross all your appendages & wish me luck?
 
 
step 2. sketch on canvas
step 1.  journal sketch
























step 3: junk mail collage on canvas

It's 9:42 pm and not looking too promising?
 

step 4: more junk mail collage on canvas

Now 11 pm and "I think I can, I think I can?"


step 5: junk mail collage on canvas

Now 11:20 pm and am done except outlining.

 
step 6: marker outlining

11:48 pm and done.
fyi: this blog posts daily at 12:03 am ...
so a few minutes to spare.
Thanks for stopping by.


 





Do you remember the kids table?
I remember when my cousins and I were at the kids table.
Then when the young WW was little, she was there.
Then WW & SM had 3 boys and they were at the kids table.
Now those same three and friends were still at 
the kids table on Labor Day. The grown ups were outside.


Grandhunk#2, Grand-cutie, Garret, Grandhunks 1 & 3, and James.
 
It has always seemed to me ... the kids table is more fun?









A smile for Friday ...




No comments: