Sunday, September 2, 2018

Day 2229: All Media 2018





Wise one: ball point pen with ink on matt-board





Not in proportion, I see so many mistakes, but
... so much room for improvement, it's encouraging, right?


original ball point pen sketch
Koenji-Awa-Odori festival goer.


































Want music?

 




Click here for Paul de Senneville, Mariage D'amoure
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?










Irvine Fine Art Center is a lovely venue with a great gallery.





One of their annual shows is the 
All Media show, currently running & free.




As always, I only photograph what catches my eye,
so if you can, please see the whole show for yourself.


Andrea Moni, "And Break Free", Natural pigments, egg tempera & oil glaze


I particularly liked this very long painting, 
I am guesstimating probably 2' x 16'!
It took 5 close-ups to share it. Left to right.












I will show some of the award winners, but mostly not.


Kerri Sabine-Wolf, "Butterfly Effect", oil    First Place


Marie Nagy, "Desert in Suburbia", wood and ceramics.


Paul Gardener, "Birth of Cool", Acrylic on canvas     Second Place


Kai Mao, "Superior Animals - Horse Man", Bronze

Rachelle W. Chuang. "End of Summer Fruit Salad", collage wood panel, epoxy resin


Daniela Garcia, "Self-Portrait in Mirror", Charcoal on paper.


Gina M, "I Got This", Assemblage of found objects.


Phung Huynh, "Pretty Hurts", Oil and collage on wood.


Patrick S, Crabb, "Private Dreams",  Clay.


Samuelle Richardson, "Angry Birds", Mixed-media sculpture

Martin Etem, "Ohana", Poplar wood.

The above work was amazing from every angle,
and my photos surely donot do justice.


I goofed! Artist unknown, appeared to be 8'x8', acrylic & graphite on loose canvas.


I apologize that the work above is not credited, my error.
If you go, maybe you'll send me this info and I'll update?
Well I can hope, right?








TMI alert ...


I mentioned the old wives tale ... "troubles come in threes".
Well I have my three, so please mark me done.
None health threatening, or world changing, 
but irritating, big time.
Try a $225.80 water bill, my highest ever was $38.
Yes. I called them, they re-read the meter and said it was right.
Today I will be using tablets in search of the leak?

My trusty scanner is not connecting, no sound on the old Mac.
Both are lifelines for my work. And the case of the 
working but hiding external hard drive?
I remind myself that these are not really important problems ...


rather just annoying, mood altering, hair pulling problems.
That they are solvable, and I will laugh about these later.
Sooner than later, I am hoping.
Thank you for your patience, it helps to verbalize.










A smile for Sunday ...





No comments: