| "Major Event": jink papers collage. |
Want music?
Click: Maxwell, Ascension.
2GN2S
Friday good friend and artist, Beatriz Helton came and took me to lunch at Olive Garden. She was hungry from breadsticks and salad, and I am always ready, so wee had the unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks and left as rery happy campers. I didn't take pictures, we were too busy talking and eatting. Afterwards we tried to think of something to do? As we were nearing my house, Beatriz saw a sign
for Irvine Park, she had never been there. So we went!
Just 3 miles from my home, Irvine Park is a beautiful 495 acres, with tables and barbecues located throughout, parking and restroom facilities nearby. A paved bicycle/walking trail meanders through the central park providing easy access to six playgrounds, four softball fields, two horseshoe pits, a train. fishing and a lake.
We drove the entire circle of the park, parked and spent some time watching the stables and ring where girls were riding and training their horses boarded there. Before we left the park, we parked and got out to see the monument tribute to our Firemen. Such a peaceful, relaxing place.
We think we'll go again.
They have a Farmers Market every Tuesday 9 - 1pm.
The jaguarundi lives from Mexico to South America and has a long body, short legs, and an otter-like build. This wild cat stands out for its chirps, whistles, and chattering sounds, unlike most felines. It has flexible habits, including eating fruit, and is sometimes seen near monkey groups that help flush prey or signal danger. Despite its name, it is closer to the cougar and classified as Puma yagouaroundi.





5 comments:
Your last smile reminded me of the very small life of my dear little grandson who is now 15 days old. Also he needs our care and protection, he couldn't live without it. All children and animals and also all grown-ups need more love and care than many of us are aware of.
We returned today from our wonderful stay with my son's family.
Have a good start into the new week, Jacki.
Hi Jacki, Enjoyed the tour through the park. But the video of the red foxes had me belly laughing. When the fox was jumping and trying to catch the mouse, it was hilarious. I will save it for when the grands get home. I will also breath a sign of relief knowing they are relatively safe once they touch down in the USA. I will say the photos of the places in Lebanon where they have visited are beautiful, and I am sorry our world has so much strife going on. Thank you for your daily bit of beauty, humor and grace. It is so
appreciated.
I am so happy for you to be enjoying a brave new life in your family, he is lucky indeed. What joy you will have watching him grow up, and it all goes so quickly.
Thanks so much Carrol, your kind words always lift me. I sometimes wonder if I am just adding to the influx of words, instead of enhancing it, you help me more than you know. Please take good care of you and Stan, and I know you care for so many that might not realize it.
Jacki, I’m glad you brought the Jaguarundi to my attention because I believe I have one living in my backyard. It’s chirping sounds will not be identified by my Merlin bird sound app. Thank goodness it’s eating the fallen fruit from my trees, saving me a lot of work. 😘
I enjoyed our lunch date so much! Sending you a big hug! Ilysm. 🤗💖
Post a Comment