Sunday, July 26, 2026

Day 5084: Artist, MILFORD ZORNES & Picasso Tigerfish.

"Community": junk paper collage.



  

Want music?


    Click: Jackson 5, Got To Be There.


2GN2S

 I have a dear student, blackbelt, Rick who trained with me eons ago and he had a terrible house fire, loosing everything. He said the hardest 
losses were the photos and personal gifts. We talked for a long time and I said I would hunt through my "too much" stuff and might find duplicates etc, that I can send to him for his birthday, August 1st! And so, believe it or not, today on the 25th I am working on it. I may update later?


Of course in the process I do get distracted. I opened an old journal and saw this ...




In January 2006, I was lucky to be a member and in attendance when legendary artist, Milford Zornes demonstrated watercolor for the Huntington Beach Art League. I took this poor quality photo as he worked, and later sent it to him, thanking him. He actually called me one morning, I was gobsmacked but thrilled. He asked me if I was painting? I was working on a collage, but said yes. He said, "Me too". We probably only talked a few minutes, but it is still a highlight memory. I remember he was in his late 90's then, and still working every day. Inspiring.

Not long after, I went to a gallery where they were selling his art, books and prints, all out of my price range. But I found a sketch that had been cut out of a notebook and with a little splurge, it was mine.

(If you look close you can see the cut edges)

Milford Zornes, 1908 - 2008



  

This is the PICASSO TRIGGERFISH – 
The Reef's Living Masterpiece!
✨
Found in the warm coral reefs of the Indo-Pacific Ocean, the Picasso Triggerfish is famous for its bold colors and striking geometric patterns that resemble a painted work of art.
Despite its beautiful appearance, this fish is highly territorial and uses its powerful jaws to crush hard-shelled prey like sea urchins, crabs, and mollusks. When threatened, it can lock its strong dorsal spine into place, making it difficult for predators to pull it from rocky crevices.
✨
Did you know: Picasso Triggerfish often sleep wedged between rocks at night, using their "trigger" spine to stay securely in place!

 



  
 
A 1+ minute video, Brayton heat a Sax, here.
 
 
Just because ...

Violet-backed Starling


Sunday's Smiles ... 

 

by Michael Adder















Hoping you feel all the good things in your day.


  


 

 

No comments: