Monday, July 27, 2026

Day 5085: Still Sorting & The Likweli.

"2 -1/2 kids": ball point sketch for painting, in journal (1964)

                                                                       

  

Want music?



    Click: Patti LaBelle, On My Own.


2GN2S

 Still Sorting! 6 file boxes of old 8 x10" art work to go through. 


Some work I can look at and think of someone who might want it, a lot I initially want to throw out. Some I can tear up and use in other work if I will really do that? Some I could possibly sell? Who knows? At 84 my decisions don't occur quickly anymore. A former student, blackbelt and very smart lady, Megan, has offered to tackle my studio and everything would go to keep, donate or trash. She is so organized and would do a great job, I am just not ready for quick yet? But it is in my near future. And so, I have found a few pieces that I will use for 2GN2S for a while, like today's sketch above done in 1964, while working on my masters.

   
The Likweli


Scientists have formally identified Likweli, a rare orange-faced monkey hidden deep within Congo’s rainforest.

Named Colobus congoensis, Likweli is a newly described species of colobus monkey found in and around Lomami National Park in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Its glossy black coat, orange-cream markings around the mouth and nose, white rump patch, distinctive calls, physical features, and genetics separate it from every known colobus species.
Researchers recorded 114 observations between 2018 and 2022 across a known range of roughly 1,700 square kilometres. Because this elusive monkey occupies such a limited area and faces hunting and habitat pressures, scientists have proposed that it be provisionally classified as endangered.

 

 



  
 
A 4 minute video,  Cat at Concert, here.
 
 
Just because ...
  
Gambel's Quail


Monday's Smiles ... 

  















Hoping you see all the good things in your day.


  


 

  

No comments: